AdWords conversion tracking
AdWords conversion tracking shows you what happens after a customer clicks on your ads – whether they purchased a product, signed up for your newsletter, called your business, or downloaded your app. When a customer completes an action that you've defined as valuable, these customer actions are called conversions.
You can set up an AdWords conversion tracking tag from Google Tag Manager. To set this up, you'll need to supply the Conversion ID, Conversion Label, and Conversion Value:
- In Google Tag Manager, start a new Google AdWords tag. From the home screen use New Tag → Google AdWords, or from the Tags list page, click New → Google AdWords.
- Choose AdWords Conversion Tracking as the tag type.
- Select the triggers you wish to use to fire the tag.
- In your AdWords account, navigate to Tools → Conversions → Conversion actions.
- Select the name of the conversion action that you want to use from the Name column.
- In the code box, find the values for the following AdWords code variables and enter their corresponding values in Google Tag Manager's tag configuration:
AdWords code variable
Google Tag Manager configuration
- In Google Tag Manager, add the Conversion ID and Conversion Label to the corresponding fields. You may optionally add a Conversion Value and Currency Code. Click Continue when done.
- Choose one or more triggers in the Fire On section.
- Click Create Tag to complete your tag setup.
Learn more about AdWords Conversion Tracking.