You can only trade in your old phone through Google Store in Canada, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Our partner, PCS Wireless, operates the Google Store trade-in program. The trade-in program gives you money for your old phone.
- You can send your trade-in phone at any time.
- However, your quoted trade-in estimate is valid for 14 days from the day your new phone is delivered. If the trade-in arrives more than 14 days after the delivery of your new device, it’s reassessed at current market value.
- Current market value is determined by the trade-in terms.
Before you trade inTips to maximize your trade-in value
- [iOS and Android] Only phones that were factory reset with provided instructions are eligible for a trade-in refund. Attempts to factory reset your phone with other methods may not work and can result in the return of your phone. Make sure to unpair any linked devices, like smart watches.
- The initial trade-in value estimate of your phone is based on the info you provide. The final value is based on the inspection. Differences may positively or negatively impact phone value.
- You may still be able to trade in devices that fail the below inspections, but you will be offered a lower refund that more accurately reflects the trade-in value. You can accept or reject this lower refund within 7 days. We will return the device to you if the post inspection value is less than 75% of the quoted trade-In value.
Make sure to turn off all activation locks like Find My iPhone, Google Lock, and Samsung Lock.
- For the phone you trade in, all manufacturer warranties are voided.
- Before you trade in your phone, we recommend that you cancel all warranties from other providers.
Step 1: Review your trade-in optionsChoose a new phone
If you trade in your old phone, you can get a refund when you buy a new phone.
- Choose a Pixel phone. Then follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the "Have a phone to trade in?" page, select Start trade in, then follow the on-screen instructions. Select details about the phone you want to trade in. If you don't find your phone on the list, it's not eligible for trade-in.
Important: Make sure you can factory reset the phone before you send it to us.
- You can find the estimated value for your trade-in phone. It's valid for 14 days from when you receive your new phone.
- To add the new phone to your cart, select Add to cart.
- To begin your trade-in and complete your order, check out.
Get trade-in kits:
- After you start your trade-in, you'll get a confirmation email and kit with a prepaid label.
- Your trade-in kit will be shipped to the address you received your Pixel phone.
To find the status of your trade-in, select "Trade-in details" from your order history.
- Pending: You have placed an order and a trade-in ID is being created.
- Confirmed: You started the trade-in process and received an email confirmation.
- Device assessed: The value of your trade-in has been sent to you in an email.
- Canceled: Before you received your kit, you canceled your trade-in.
Step 2: Send PCS Wireless your trade-in phone
Tip: Before you send your trade-in phone to PCS Wireless, we recommend you transfer your data.
Use the trade-in kit with a prepaid label to ship your phone to PCS Wireless.
- With the instructions provided, factory reset your trade-in. Unpair any linked devices, like a smart watch.
- Remove the SIM card from your trade-in phone.
- Put the trade-in phone in the box and attach the prepaid shipping label.
- Ship the phone to PCS Wireless.
Step 3: Understand your trade-in refund
In most cases, PCS Wireless will review your phone within 5 business days of us notifying you that they have received it.
- If the phone’s value matches the estimate: If you purchased a Pixel phone, a credit of the value is issued to your original form of payment. If Google Store can’t refund your payment method, you receive store credit instead.
- Store Credits earned via trade-in don’t expire.
- If you finance your new phone, Google Store will refund you through the Klarna payment option. Klarna processes your refund according to your customer terms with Klarna.
- If the phone’s value is lower than the estimate: A refund equivalent to the value of the phone is issued.
- PCS Wireless will return your phone if the post-inspection value is less than 75% of the estimated value.
- If the post-inspection value is between 75% – 99.9% of the estimated value, you’ll get an email. You’ll then have 7 days to accept the post-inspection amount. If you don’t accept the post-inspection value within 7 days, PCS Wireless will return your phone to you.
- If the phone’s value is greater than the cost of your Pixel phone: The difference will be provided as store credit, which doesn’t expire.
Your estimate is based on selected device specs and condition. Upon receipt, PCS Wireless fully evaluates the device.
- Does the manufacturer, model, capacity, and carrier match what was reported?
- Does the device power on?
- Does the power button function correctly?
- Are all activation locks turned off, like Find My iPhone, Google Lock, and Samsung Lock?
- Is the screen without cracks, breaks, and missing pieces?
- Does the screen work properly?
- Does the touchscreen work on the entire surface of the phone?
- Is the screen without any bruising and missing pixels?
- Does the LCD LED backlight work correctly and the screen isn’t dark?
- Does the phone have any breaks or cracks in the housing, keypad, hinge, or battery door?
- Does the phone have a swollen battery? Devices with swollen batteries won't receive any credit and can't be returned.
- Is the phone factory reset by the provided manufacturer's instructions?
- Is the phone reported as lost or stolen?
- Was the phone received within 14 days of the arrival of your new phone?
- Cracked screen
- Damaged screen
- Bruising (may appear as dead pixels or spots of discoloration)
- Unresponsive screen
- Major case crack
- Minor case crack
- Major scratch
- Camera broken
- Button or key broken
- Power button broken
- Swollen battery
- Battery missing
- Battery door broken
- Case bent
Possible reasons for trade-in value differences:
- Phone doesn’t turn on or off: The phone doesn’t turn on, doesn't turn off, or there’s a problem with the charger.
- Damaged screen: The screen is cracked, damaged, bruised, has missing pixels, or the LCD is dark or burnt out.
- Touchscreen doesn’t work: The touchscreen isn’t responsive.
- Swollen battery: Do not send devices with damaged or swollen batteries. These devices won't receive any credit and can't be returned.
- Phone isn’t factory reset according to instructions provided: The phone’s activation lock is still on.
- Incorrectly reported phone model: The phone model received is different from the one you picked.
- Phone received more than 14 days after the new phone was delivered.
- Phone reported lost or stolen: The trade-in isn't processed and the phone isn't returned. Regulations are followed for these phones.
- Received package was empty or had miscellaneous items.
- If you don't want to process your trade-in and you haven't shipped your device: To cancel your trade-in, keep your phone and dispose of the shipping kit.
- If you already shipped your device: The trade-in can't be canceled.
- If you return the phone you bought with your trade-in: You receive the trade-in value as a Google Store credit.