If you own a compatible Google Nest device, you can add a Nest Aware subscription to save your recorded footage. You can choose from different plans to fit your needs and preferences.
Nest Aware pricing
Nest Aware subscriptions are billed monthly or yearly.
All prices are in the local currency. Choose your country:
|Nest Aware monthly||Nest Aware Plus monthly||Nest Aware yearly||Nest Aware Plus yearly|
Nest Aware unpaid trials
Try a Nest Aware unpaid trial
- When you set up an eligible device in either the Google Home app or Nest app, you can try out a Nest Aware subscription for 30 days.
- After the trial ends, you can subscribe to Nest Aware to continue using subscription features. There is a limit of one unpaid trial per home.
- Once you start the trial, you can’t cancel it, but you can turn off your camera recording and sound detection if you want. You can also delete your video history and sound detection events with the app.
- To be eligible for an unpaid trial, your home must be in a country where Nest Aware subscriptions are available for purchase.
- Specific Nest Aware features may vary by region and device.
- You’ll need to use a Google Account when you sign up for Nest Aware.
What’s included with the trial
During the trial period, you’ll be able to:
- Get more intelligent alerts, including specific alerts when your Nest camera detects a familiar or unfamiliar face.
- In the United States, you can also get alerts when the sound of breaking glass or a smoke alarm is detected by your Google Nest speakers or displays.
Note: Familiar face alerts are not available on Nest Cams used in Illinois and may not be available on certain Nest Cams in the EU.
- Create Activity Zones to highlight areas that you want your camera to keep a closer eye on, and get custom alerts when it detects motion there. Activity Zones do not require a Nest Aware subscription with Nest Cam battery or Nest Doorbell (battery). A Nest Aware subscription is required to use Activity Zones with Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor, Nest Cam IQ Indoor, Nest Cam IQ Outdoor, Nest Doorbell wired and Nest Hub Max.
- Get 30 days of event video history (clips).
- If you’ve already purchased a Nest Aware subscription that includes a longer video history, you’ll be able to continue to access the full video history that’s included with your subscription when your trial ends.
- Create and share video clips or timelapses.
Check when your trial starts and ends
- If you’re eligible, you can opt in to the unpaid Nest Aware 30-day trial when you add an eligible product to the Home app or Nest app. Depending on your region, an unpaid trial may be unavailable.
- You can purchase a subscription for Nest Aware at any time during your trial or after it ends.
- You’ll be notified in the app, and get a series of emails letting you know when your trial ends.
- Note: If you subscribed to Nest Aware through one of our partners, the unpaid trial may end when you purchase a subscription from them. Please contact the partner for more details.
You can always check when your trial ends beforehand on a web browser or in the app:
- Visit store.google.com/subscriptions. Sign in to your account, if needed.
- If you have more than one home, use the drop-down menu at the top to select the home with the unpaid trial that you want to view.
- You’ll find the date that your trial ends in the Nest Aware section.
- If you already signed up for a paid subscription, you’ll see the date when your billing starts.
- If a date doesn't appear then you may not have an unpaid trial.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Tap Settings .
- Under 'Features', select Nest Aware.
- Open the Nest app .
- Tap Settings Nest Aware.
What happens when your trial ends
- To continue using the features that come with your Nest Aware trial, you'll need to purchase a Nest Aware subscription.
- If you’ve already purchased a subscription from the Google Store, it will automatically start after your unpaid trial ends. You don’t need to do anything else to continue to use Nest Aware.
- If you don’t purchase a Nest Aware subscription before the trial ends, you’ll lose access to Nest Aware’s premium features, including familiar faces, sound detection and recorded video history. With Nest Cam (battery) or Nest Doorbell (battery), you’ll continue to have the included three hours of event video history. While you will still have access to any video clips or timelapses that you’ve saved, the rest of your recorded video history will be erased when the trial period has ended. Your sound detection history will expire over time and be deleted.
Cancel your unpaid trial
Subscribe to Nest Aware via the Nest app
- On your Android device, purchase Nest Aware via the Nest app.
- To complete your Nest Aware purchase, install the Google Home app.
- From the Google Home app section, follow the steps in 'Subscribe to Nest Aware'.
Important info to know before you purchase Nest Aware:
- Sign in to the Google Home app with the same Google Account that you use in the Nest app.
- To find your account in the Nest app, tap Settings Account.
- Select the home that you want to subscribe to Nest Aware in the Google Home app.
- If you have more than one home in the app, to select a home name, use the Down arrow in Google Home.
- To make sure all camera and doorbell devices are correct for the home name, find the 'Device' section of the Google Home app.
Subscribe to Nest Aware via the Google Home app
In addition to subscribing through Google Store, you can subscribe to Nest Aware through the Google Home app on your Android device during or after an unpaid 30-day trial.
Note: Nest Aware subscriptions through the Google Home app are only available on Android devices. If you don’t have an Android device, you can subscribe through Google Store.
- Open the Google Home app on your Android device.
- Tap your photo on the upper right corner of your Google Home app to make sure that you’re signed in with the account that you want to use to subscribe to Nest Aware.
- From the home view, tap Settings.
- Under ‘Features’, tap Nest Aware.
- Tap Subscribe.
- If you haven’t previously used your Nest Aware unpaid trial, you'll see an option to start a 30-day unpaid trial. After starting your unpaid trial, you should see the option to subscribe to Nest Aware.
- Choose your Nest Aware plan.
- Choose between monthly or yearly billing.
- Review your purchase. Then, tap Subscribe.
- You'll receive an email with a receipt from Google Play.
- You'll manage your Nest Aware subscription through Google Play.
Understand your subscription
There are three types of Nest Aware subscriptions. In order to manage your subscription, you must first understand which subscription type you have. To manage your Nest Aware subscriptions, you need to be the home's owner in the Nest app or Google Home app. Depending on when you purchased your subscription, you may have a Nest Aware (1st gen), Nest Aware (2nd gen) or Nest Aware Plus (2nd gen).
|Nest Aware 1st gen||Nest Aware or Nest Aware Plus (2nd gen)|
|Subscription structure||Separate subscriptions for each camera in your home||One subscription for all cameras in your home|
|Billing cycle||Monthly or annually||Monthly or annually|
If you started using the Nest app before 19 August 2019, you created a Nest account to manage your Nest products.
If you started using the Nest app after 19 August 2019, you’re already using a Google Account.
|Requires a Google Account|
|In-app management||Can be managed from Nest or Home app||Can be managed from Nest or Home app|
|Adding additional subscriptions||
You can only add 1st gen subscriptions if you don't use a Google Account to sign into the Nest app.
You can continue to renew existing Nest Aware 1st gen subscriptions if you use a Google Account to sign into the Nest app.
|Subscriptions are applied per home, not per device. If you'd like an additional subscription, please add another home under your account.|
|Availability||Your home needs to be in a country that supports Nest Aware.||Your home needs to be in a country that supports Nest Aware.|
|Partner management||If you purchased Nest Aware 1st gen through one of our partners, their policies might be different from what you see in this article. You should contact the partner for details about your subscription.||If you purchased Nest Aware 2nd gen through one of our partners, their policies might be different from what you see in this article. You should contact the partner for details about your subscription.|
Learn about taxes on your Nest Aware subscription
When you subscribe via the Google Store in Canada, Mexico or the US, your billing address determines your taxes. If you start your subscription and then move to a new home, there’s no tax change within your current billing period. Your new billing address determines your taxes for your next subscription payment.
The price of your subscription includes value-added tax (VAT) and goods and services tax (GST). For countries and regions where there’s VAT or GST, you don’t get charged more in taxes.
To check how much you paid in taxes, you can access any of your invoices via Google Pay. These invoices show the taxes that you pay for your subscription.
Add Nest Aware to existing devices
If you're the home's owner in the Nest app, you can add Nest Aware to your home:
Go to your subscriptions.
Select Subscribe to Nest Aware.
Choose a plan select Next.
Choose your payment method select Confirm purchase.
Your subscription will start after your unpaid trial ends, or within 24 hours if your trial has already ended.
If you have Nest Secure, learn how to purchase or cancel mobile backup.
How to switch to Nest Aware 2nd gen
If you have a Nest Aware 1st gen subscription, you can switch to the Nest Aware 2nd gen. When you switch, you get a prorated refund for the unused time on your previous subscription.
Before you cancel or change your subscription, read through the following:
- If you’ve migrated to a Google Account, you need to have at least one active subscription to keep Nest Aware 1st gen.
- If you cancel all your Nest Aware 1st gen subscriptions, you won’t be able to sign up for Nest Aware 1st gen again, and you’ll lose any video history that wasn’t saved to the app.
- You can’t add any additional Nest Aware 1st gen subscriptions if you’ve migrated to a Google Account, but you can switch to a Nest Aware subscription that covers all cameras in your home for one low price.
To switch to Nest Aware 2nd gen:
- Make sure that you’ve migrated to a Google Account.
- Turn off auto-renew: cancel the current monthly plan to avoid getting charged by visiting store.google.com/subscriptions page.
- Save video history: use the 'Takeout to download all footage or use the clip creation functionality' on home.nest.com to save clips. Click here for detailed instructions. It may take a bit to generate the file depending on how much history is there.
- Go to your subscriptions.
- For the subscription that you'd like to update, select Get Started.
- Choose a plan select Next.
- Choose a billing cycle select Next.
- Once you have reviewed the checkout page, select Confirm purchase.
How to switch between Nest Aware base and Nest Aware Plus plans
To upgrade to Nest Aware Plus:
Select Upgrade to Nest Aware Plus or tap the three vertical dots icon next to the subscription and then select Change your plan.
Select Nest Aware Plus.
Click or tap Next.
Review the subscription and click or tap Confirm purchase.
To downgrade from Nest Aware Plus to the Nest Aware base plan:
- Go to store.google.com/subscriptions.
- Next to the subscription, select the three vertical dots icon and then select Change your plan.
- Select Nest Aware.
- Click or tap Next.
- Review the subscription and click or tap Confirm purchase.
- Once you migrate your Nest account to Google, you can’t purchase any new Nest Aware 1st gen subscriptions.
- You can’t change your billing plan cycle from monthly to annual, or from annual to monthly.
- You can upgrade from Nest Aware 2nd gen to Nest Aware Plus at any time.
Change your payment method
You can change the card or payment method that you use to pay for your subscription:
- Go to your subscriptions.
- For the subscription that you'd like to update, select Change payment method.
- Choose a payment method select Update.
Subscriptions renew automatically. Renewals are billed to your on-file payment method every month or year, based on the billing cycle that you first selected.