Use this page to help understand and fix issues with your order.
Fix delivery issues
If there are problems with the delivery of your order, use the tips below to help.Delayed orders
Why orders get delayed
- Payment issues
- Incorrect or incomplete delivery address
- Harsh weather conditions
- Inventory issues
- Delivery operator delays
Tip: If you paid for expedited delivery and your order arrives late, you get a refund of the delivery fees for any delayed part of the delivery. When you have multiple deliveries in your order, the total delivery fee is split across the deliveries. If there’s a delayed delivery, you get the delivery fee for that part of the delivery refunded.
Find your updated delivery date
- On your computer, go to your 'Order history' page.
- Check your new delivery date.
Track your delayed order
Important: If tracking ID is available in your area, you can track your order.
- On your computer, go to either:
- Your 'Order history' page or
- The email that says that your order has been dispatched.
- Check the tracking link of the delivery operator.
Cancel your order
- On your computer, go to your 'Order history' page.
- Find the order to cancel.
- Click Cancel order. If the 'Cancel order' button is missing, it’s too late to cancel.
Why orders get cancelled
- Payment issues
- Bad delivery address
- Long delays
- End-of-life or end-of-sale items
- Orders dispatched to unsupported countries or regions, Post Office boxes or military addresses
Tip: If there’s a cancellation, since the order stays in the warehouse, you don’t get charged. As well, funds put on hold return to you.
Fix a cancelled order
If there’s a payment or address issue, correct the problem and try to order again.
Note: If you placed an order as a guest without signing in to your Google Account and your order failed due to a payment issue, your order will be cancelled and you'll need to make another purchase.
For more details, check the Google Store sales terms.
If your order is damaged or there’s another problem:
- Take photos of the item or box.
- On your computer, contact Google Support. Be ready to share the photos.
If you get an email that confirms your delivery, but you don’t receive the package, you can:
- Check the tracking page on the delivery operator's website: make sure that the tracking page says 'Delivered'. You can find the tracking number on the email that says that your order has been dispatched or on your 'Order history' page.
- Check that the delivery address is correct: you can find the delivery address in the emails that you receive about your order or on the 'Order details' page. Get to your 'Order details' page through your 'Order history' page.
- Check the nearby area: you can also check with neighbours.
- Wait up to 48 hours: after the tracking website says 'Delivered', you can wait to allow for unexpected delays. To check the status, contact the delivery operator directly.
If your delivery address is undeliverable, your order gets cancelled. Then you receive an email that says that your info isn't valid.
Incomplete delivery address
If your delivery address is incomplete, you can:
- Update your address on your 'Order details' page: update at most an hour after you place the order.
- Change your address with Google Support: if it’s too late to update your address, the agent can ask you to cancel the order and place a new one. You can also contact the delivery operator to hold the package for collection.
If these options don’t work, the delivery operator may return the package. To get a refund, contact Google Support.
If your card gets declined, you can update your payment info within seven days.
Update your info through email
In your notification email, click Fix payment method. If you receive an error message, make sure that you sign in from the same email account.
Update your info with Google Pay
- On your computer, sign in to Google Pay. Make sure that you use the same email account.
- In the activity tab, find the order ID.
- On the order, click Fix payment method.
- In the new window, change your info.
To check if your update is successful:
- Wait for one or two hours.
- On your computer, sign in to Google Pay.
- Check if the 'Fix payment method' button appears. If it’s there, try to update the payment info again.
If you try to update again and it doesn’t work:
- Make sure that the billing address matches the one on your payment card: learn more about how to change your home or billing address.
- Check that your payment method info is correct: learn more about how to edit your payment method.
- Try a new card: try to update to a different card with the 'Fix payment method' button.
Important: If the payment doesn’t work, the order gets cancelled after seven days. In that case, place a new order.
Your card can get declined for many reasons:
- Mistake with the card number: enter your card number again.
- Expired credit card: if your card hasn’t expired, make sure that you enter the right date.
- Mistake with the security code: double-check the code and enter it again.
If you find an issue with the card details, update your card information.
If your billing address doesn't match the one at your bank, check that your Google Pay billing address matches the one on file. Learn how to change your billing address.
If you still can’t get your card to work, contact your card provider.
Manage error messages
If you can't complete your purchase because of an error message, try these steps before you contact us.'Your transaction can't be completed'
If you're asked to provide more info after you get this message, follow the on-screen instructions. Otherwise, try these actions:
- Use a different payment method.
- Check whether the billing address for your payment method matches the address in your Google Pay settings. If they don't match, update your address on Google Pay. Then try again.
- If you use guest checkout, sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have one, create an account first.
- If you pay with a credit card, contact your bank or financial institution about this transaction.
Check if your payment method is up to date. If it isn't, update it in Google Pay.
Important: These steps also apply when you get the error message: 'Your payment didn't go through. Please try a different payment method or try again later.'
Step 1: Check if your card is up to date
- If it isn’t, update your payment method.
- Try to order again.
Step 2: Check your payment account
- Check if there’s enough money in your account.
- If there are still problems, contact your bank about your account.
- Try to order again with a different payment method.
You can get this message because there’s a suspicious purchase in your account. You can also get this message because we need more info to:
- Protect your account against fraud
- (EU residents) Comply with EU law
To fix the issue:
Check your account balance or contact your bank.
If you get this error, then your company or school set up your account. To fix this issue, contact your Google Workspace administrator.
Tip: If you're an administrator, learn how to fix the billing issue.
Find your administrator
Your administrator can be:
- Someone in your IT department or help desk at a company or school
- The person who manages your email or website
- The person who gave you your username
Card is unavailable and needs verification
If your card is unavailable and the message says 'verify on pay.google.com' or 'verify in your Google Account’s payment methods', your card is reported as stolen. Before you use the card again, you must verify it:
- On your computer, go to Google Pay.
- Sign in to your account:
- If you have multiple accounts: sign in to the account with the unavailable card.
- If you don’t use Google Pay: go to your account’s 'Payment methods' page.
- Click Payment methods
- Next to the card that says 'Verification needed', click Verify Get code.
- Find the verification code. The code is the last six digits of the temporary hold called 'GOOGLE' on your card statement. The hold is less than GBP £1.95. You may get the code straight away, but sometimes it can take up to seven days.
- Return to your account.
- Enter the verification code.
Card is unavailable and ineligible
If your card is unavailable and you get a message that your card is ineligible, try ordering with a different card.
If the card that you want to use isn't listed, follow the instructions on the screen to add a new card.
About your purchase:
- Return a device for a refund
- Repairs, replacements and warranties
- Trade in your old phone
- Request a price match
- Pay for your Google Store purchase over time (Financing)
More from Google Store: