Use this page to help understand and fix issues with your Google Store order, such as ones related to delivery and payment.
Fix delivery issues
Use these tips to help solve problems with your order's delivery.Delayed orders
Find your updated delivery date
- Go to your Google Store order history.
- Check your new delivery date.
Track your delayed order
Important: If delivery tracking is available in your area, you can track your order.
- Go to either:
- Your Google Store order history.
- Your delivery confirmation email.
- Check the tracking link from the delivery carrier.
Why orders get delayed
- Payment issues
- Incorrect or incomplete delivery address
- Harsh weather conditions
- Inventory issues
- Delivery operator delays
Tip: If you paid for expedited delivery and your order arrives late, you get a refund of the delivery fees for any delayed part of the delivery. When you have multiple deliveries in your order, the total delivery fee is split across the deliveries. If there’s a delayed delivery, you get the delivery fee for that part of the delivery refunded.
Cancel your order
- Go to your Google Store order history.
- Find the order to cancel.
- Select Cancel order. If the 'Cancel order' button is missing, it’s too late to cancel.
Fix a cancelled order
If there’s a payment or address issue, correct the problem and try to order again.
Tip: If you placed an order as a guest while not signed in to your Google Account and your order failed due to a payment issue, your order will be cancelled and you'll need to retry the purchase.
Why orders get cancelled
- Payment issues
- Bad delivery address
- Long delays
- End-of-life or end-of-sale items
- Orders dispatched to unsupported countries or regions, Post Office boxes or military addresses
Tip: Cancelled orders stay in the warehouse. You won’t get charged for them and funds put on hold will be returned to you.
For more details, check the Google Store sales terms.
If your order is damaged or there’s another problem:
- Take photos of the item or box.
- Contact Google Support.
- Be ready to share the photos.
If you get an email that confirms your delivery but you don’t receive the package, you can:
- Make sure that the tracking page says 'Delivered' on the delivery carrier website. You can find the tracking number in the delivery confirmation email or on your Google Store order history.
- Check that the delivery address is correct in the delivery confirmation email or on your Google Store order history.
- Check the nearby area and ask your neighbours about the package.
- Wait up to 48 hours to allow for unexpected delays. To check the status, contact the delivery operator directly.
If your package is still missing and you need Google order support, contact Google Support.
If your delivery address is undeliverable, your order gets cancelled. You’ll receive an email that says that your info isn't valid.
Incomplete delivery address
If your delivery address is incomplete, you can:
- Update your address on your 'Order details' page: Update up to an hour after you place the order.
- Change your address with Google Support: If it’s too late to update your address, you can get help to cancel the order and place a new one when you contact Google Support. You can also contact the delivery carrier to hold the package for pick-up.
If these options don’t work, the delivery carrier may return the package. To get a refund, contact Google Support.
Fix payment issues
If your card gets declined, you can update your payment info within seven days. Use these tips to help solve problems with your order's form of payment.Update your info through email
In your notification email, select Fix payment method. If you receive an error message, make sure that you sign in from the same email account.
If you still receive an error message and you can’t change the method of payment, cancel your current order and create a new one.
- Sign in to Google Pay.
- Make sure that you use the same email account .
- Select Activity.
- Find the order ID.
- Select Fix payment method.
In the new window, change your info .
Learn more about what to do if you permanently close your payments profile.
To check if your payment update is successful:
- Wait for one or two hours.
- Sign in to Google Pay.
- If the 'Fix payment method' button appears, try to update the payment info again.
If you try to update again and it doesn’t work:
- Make sure that the billing address matches the one on your payment card: learn how to change your billing address.
- Check that your payment method info is correct: learn more about how to edit your payment method.
- Try a new card: try to update to a different card with the 'Fix payment method' button.
Important: If the payment doesn’t work, the order gets cancelled after seven days. In that case, place a new order.
Your card can get declined for many reasons:
- Mistake with the card number: enter your card number again.
- Expired credit card: if your card hasn’t expired, make sure that you enter the right date.
- Mistake with the security code: double-check the code and enter it again.
If you find an issue with the card details, edit your payment method.
If your billing address doesn't match the one at your bank, check that your Google Pay billing address matches the one on file. Learn how to change your billing address.
If you still can’t get your card to work, contact your card provider.
Fix error messages
If you can't complete your purchase because of an error message, try these steps before you contact us.Your transaction can't be completed
If you're asked to provide more info after you get this message, follow the on-screen instructions. Otherwise, try these steps:
- Use a different payment method.
- Check whether the billing address for your payment method matches the address in your Google Pay settings. If they don't match, update your address on Google Pay.
- If you use guest checkout, sign in to your Google Account. If you don't have one, create an account first.
- If you pay with a credit card, contact your bank or financial institution about this transaction.
Check if your form of payment is up to date. If it isn’t, edit your payment method.
Important: These steps also apply when you get the error message: 'Your payment didn't go through. Please try a different payment method or try again later.'
Step 1: Check if your card is up to date
- If it isn’t, update your payment method.
- Try to order again.
Step 2: Check your payment account
- Check if there’s enough money in your account.
- If there are still problems, contact your bank about your account.
- Try to order again with a different payment method.
If your payment method was declined and you received this message, Google noticed a suspicious purchase in your account. You can also receive this message because we need more info to:
- Protect your account against fraud
- Comply with EU law (for EU residents only)
To fix the issue:
- Go to Google Pay.
- Act on any alerts or requests.
- Before you order, make sure that you verify your identity.
- Make sure that your name, address and payment info are up to date.
Check your account balance or contact your bank.
If you get this error, then your company or school set up your account. To fix this issue, contact your Google Workspace administrator.
Tip: If you're an administrator, learn how to fix the billing issue.
Find your administrator
Your administrator can be:
- Someone in your IT department or at your help desk at a company or school
- The person who manages your email or website
- The person who gave you your username
Card is unavailable and needs verification
If your card is unavailable and the message says 'Verify on pay.google.com' or 'Verify in your Google Account’s payment methods', your card is reported as stolen. Before you use the card again, you must verify it:
- Go to Google Pay.
- Sign in to your account:
- If you have multiple accounts: sign in to the account with the unavailable card.
- If you don’t use Google Pay: go to your account’s 'Payment methods' page.
- Select Payment methods.
- Next to the card that says 'Verification needed', select Verify Get code.
- Find the verification code.
- The code is the last six digits of the temporary hold called 'GOOGLE' on your card statement.
- The hold is less than GBP £1.95.
- You may get the code straight away but sometimes it can take up to seven days.
- Return to your account.
- Enter the verification code.
Card is unavailable and ineligible
If your card is unavailable and you get a message that your card is ineligible, try ordering with a different card.
If the card that you want to use isn't listed, follow the instructions on the screen to add a new card.
Cancel your current order and create a new one.
Once you check out from the Google Store and select Confirm purchase, the 'Verify that it’s you' notification pops up. If you fail a verification challenge, the transaction is denied with an error message 'Verification failed'.
- Make sure that your registered mobile phone is nearby and that it’s connected to the Internet.
- A registered phone is one that’s registered to your email account that attempts the purchase.
- Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups for Google Store.
- Wait for the notification on your registered phone.
- Keep the payment card available.
- You may be asked for a CVN, CVV or CSV number on the back of your card.
- Learn how to fix issues when you pay for Google products and services.
Tip: The basket may expire and cause an error until you refresh the page.
- If the 'Try another way' prompt shows on their browser, pick a different way to verify the account.
- To allow quick checkout for future purchases, save your address and payment information in your Google Store account.
- Try guest checkout or browse privately.
For more info, go to Verify that it’s you.
About your purchase:
- Return a device for a refund
- Repairs, replacements and warranties
- Trade in your old phone
- Request a price match
- Pay for your Google Store purchase over time (Financing)
More from Google Store: