Learn about your receipt and order number, authorization holds, Pixel Pass charges, and Value-Added Tax (VAT) invoices.
Find your receipt & order number
After you place an order on the Google Store, you get a confirmation email that includes your order number and receipt.
If you placed an order while signed in, you can also get a receipt online:
- Go to Google Pay.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select Activity.
- To get your receipt, select an order.
Japan only: If you’re based in Japan, the above steps will generate an invoice. To get a receipt, contact the Google Store.
When you place an order or receive an advanced replacement, Google Store contacts the issuing bank or card provider to make sure your payment method is valid. Your bank or card provider reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorization expires. Authorization holds are temporary and are not actual charges.
- The authorization hold is removed after an order is shipped from Google or canceled
- If you received an advanced replacement order, the authorization hold is removed once Google receives your original device.
- Japan only: When using a debit card, you may see authorization holds as charges on your online statement. These are automatically reversed by your bank. It can take up to 45—60 days for charges to be reversed.
- For more information about authorization holds, such as when they'll be removed or how they work, contact your card provider or issuing bank.
When you place an order, an authorization hold is placed on the payment method on file. A hold can appear on your account as a pending online transaction from Google Store.
- Authorization hold was successful:
- The order ships and the authorization hold is removed.
- Authorization hold was unsuccessful:
- You get an email that asks you to update your payment method details within 7 days.
- If you don’t update your payment method within 7 days, your order is canceled and the authorization hold is removed.
In some cases, you may get 2 authorization holds for the same order because of the shipment process:
- If an authorization hold expires before the order ships from the warehouse, a second authorization hold may be applied.
- This hold happens when the order date is 7 days or more from the ship date.
Get a Value-Added Tax (VAT) invoice
- If you live in the European Union, Norway, or Switzerland, you can request a VAT invoice.
- If you live in Taiwan, you get a confirmation email with VAT on your GUI invoice.
Important: If you checked out as a guest and need a VAT invoice, contact Google Pay.