Learn about your receipt and order number, authorisation holds, Pixel Pass charges and Value Added Tax (VAT) invoices.
Find your receipt and order number
After you place an order on the Google Store, you get a confirmation email that includes your order number and receipt.
If you placed an order while signed in, you can also get a receipt online:
- Go to Google Pay.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select Activity.
- To get your receipt, select an order.
Japan only: If you’re based in Japan, the above steps will generate an invoice. To get a receipt, contact the Google Store.
Understand authorisation holds
When you place an order or receive an advanced replacement, Google Store contacts the issuing bank or card provider to make sure that your payment method is valid. Your bank or card provider reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorisation expires. Authorisation holds are temporary and are not actual charges.
- The authorisation hold is removed after an order is dispatched from Google or cancelled
- If you received an advanced replacement order, the authorisation hold is removed once Google receives your original device.
- Japan only: When using a debit card, you may see authorisation holds as charges on your online statement. These charges are automatically reversed by your bank. It can take up to 45–60 days for charges to be reversed.
- For more information about authorisation holds, such as when they'll be removed or how they work, contact your card provider or issuing bank.
When you place an order, an authorisation hold is placed on the payment method on file. A hold can appear on your account as a pending online transaction from Google Store.
- Authorisation hold was successful:
- The order is dispatched and the authorisation hold is removed.
- Authorisation hold was unsuccessful:
- You get an email that asks you to update your payment method details within seven days.
- If you don’t update your payment method within seven days, your order is cancelled and the authorisation hold is removed.
In some cases, you may get two authorisation holds for the same order because of the delivery process:
- If an authorisation hold expires before the order is dispatched from the warehouse, a second authorisation hold may be applied.
- This hold happens when the order date is seven days or more from the dispatch date.
Extra fees on your order
The Google Store doesn’t charge extra fees. Your order confirmation screen shows your total shop charge. This total includes delivery and taxes.
If you find extra fees with a Google Store order:
- Contact your bank or card provider. When you order an item from another country or region, your card provider may charge cross-border or exchange fees.
- The Google Store can’t reimburse fees added by your card provider.
Understand Pixel Pass charges
You receive your first Pixel Pass bill when your Pixel phone is dispatched. After your first bill, you receive a monthly bill. Learn more about Pixel Pass features.
Your first Pixel Pass bill includes two charges:
- Device charge
- Subscription charge
After your first bill, your monthly bill includes a subscription charge.
Important: All bills and receipts come from Synchrony. For detailed billing info, sign in to your Synchrony account.
Get a Value Added Tax (VAT) invoice
- If you live in the European Union, Norway or Switzerland, you can request a VAT invoice.
- If you live in Taiwan, you get a confirmation email with VAT on your GUI invoice.
Important: If you checked out as a guest and need a VAT invoice, contact Google Pay.