Returns & refunds for devices
The information below is for customers in the US who bought a device or accessory from the Google Store.
- If you didn't buy your device or accessory from the Google Store, contact the shop where you purchased your device for return information.
- If you haven't received your order yet, see how to change or cancel an order, or how to return digital content like apps or games.
You can return an item that you've bought from the Google Store within 15 calendar days after the day that you received it. If you bought Nest Thermostat or Nest Protect from the Google Store, you can return your device within 30 days.
We’ll refund the account that you paid with (minus your original delivery & handling charges) within 14 working days after Google receives the device.
Extended holiday returns
If you buy devices or accessories from the Google Store between 25 November and 25 December 2016, you can return them until 22 January 2017.
Exchanges aren’t available for devices bought from the Google Store. Instead, you can return your purchase and use your refund to buy a different item.
How to return your device or accessory
Return an item by following the steps below. If you have questions, contact us.
- Go to your Google Store order history.
- Under the order that you want to return, click Return order.
- Note: If you see "Device is not eligible for return", your order either hasn’t been delivered yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn’t been delivered yet, you may be able to cancel or change your order.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit your return. After a few hours, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions inside.
Include the following in your package:
- The box that your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation and anything else that came with the device
- The form that we give you with the return instructions (find your device serial number if you need it)
Do not include:
- Your SIM card
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Other accessories that didn’t come with the device
Make sure to transfer, back up or erase all personal and other data on the device before sending it to Google. Google isn’t responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that is on the device.
To be sure that the device arrives in its original condition, package and return it using the instructions from Google Store support email.
Defective items & missing deliveries
Replace a defective device
Lost or stolen deliveries
If you don’t receive your order or you think it was stolen, contact us.