Return a device for a refund
You can return an item you bought from the Google Store within 15 calendar days after the day you received it. If you bought Nest Thermostat or Nest Protect from the Google Store, you can return your device within 30 days.
We’ll refund the account you paid with (minus your original shipping & handling charges) within 14 business days after Google receives the device.
Note: If you haven’t received your order yet, see how to change or cancel it.
To return your order, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Tell us what you want to return
- Go to your Google Store order history.
- Under the order you want to return, click Return order.
- If you see "Device is not eligible for return," your order either hasn’t shipped yet or has passed the 15-day return limit. If it hasn’t shipped yet, you may be able to cancel or change your order.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to submit your return. After a few hours, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Follow the instructions inside.
Step 2: Wrap it up
Include the following in your package:
- The box your purchase came in
- The device or accessory
- Other accessories, documentation, and anything else that came with the device
- The form included in your return confirmation email (find your device serial number if you need it)
Do not include:
- Your SIM card
- Device cases
- Extended batteries
- Other accessories that didn’t come with the device
Make sure to transfer, back up, or erase all personal and other data on the device before sending it to Google. Google isn’t responsible for any use or disclosure of any data that is on the device.
Step 3: Send it back to Google
To be sure the device arrives in its original condition, package and ship it using the label and instructions from Google Store support email.
Exchanges aren’t available for devices bought from the Google Store. Instead, you can return your purchase and use your refund to buy a different item.
Google Play refunds
See how to return digital content like apps or games.