You can play Stadia on the web with the latest version of Google Chrome.
Note: Stadia is only officially supported in Google Chrome, but may work with other Chromium-based browsers such as Edge (version 79 or higher), Brave, or Vivaldi. If you're having any issues with these browsers, try using Google Chrome instead.
Start a game on stadia.com
- To claim or to buy a game from the Stadia store on your mobile device, use the Stadia app .
- To launch Stadia on the web using Google Chrome, visit stadia.com.
- Use your mouse on stadia.com to find a game to play.
- To start playing a game in your library, or to start a game you were previously playing, click Play .
Exit a game on stadia.com
To exit a game you're playing on stadia.com:
- Open the "exit game" menu.
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press and hold the Stadia button for one second.
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press and hold the Esc key for one second.
- If you're using a supported third-party controller, press and hold the Home button for one second.
- Note: This might not work on all third-party controllers.
- Select Exit Game.
Set up a controller or mouse and keyboard to play on stadia.com
Set up a controller
- If your Stadia Controller is connected to Chromecast, go to the home screen, then press and hold the Stadia button for one second select Unlink and turn off controller.
- Link your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer, or use a USB cable to plug it into a USB port on your computer.
- Note: If you're using a supported third-party controller, you can also connect wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- Turn on your controller.
- Using Google Chrome, sign into your account at stadia.com and launch a game.
Note: You can plug a supported third-party controller into a USB port on your computer, or you can connect it wirelessly if it supports Bluetooth.
Linking your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer may not work if your computer is on a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you have problems linking, disable VPN on your computer and try again. Tip: Corporate/work devices may have VPN enabled by default.
Set up a mouse and keyboard
To use a mouse and keyboard, just plug them in or connect them wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Use function keys on a Chromebook with an external keyboard
If you're playing Stadia on a Chromebook with an external keyboard, its function keys may not work properly with some games unless you change your Chromebook's keyboard settings:
- If you haven't already, sign in to your Chromebook.
- At the bottom right, select the time, or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- Select Device Keyboard.
- Turn on Treat top-row keys as function keys.
Listen to audio and use voice chat
You can use a headset to listen to audio or use voice chat on stadia.com.
- To use voice chat, enable your Chrome mic.
- You can plug your headset directly into your Stadia Controller when the controller is connected to your USB port or linked wirelessly to your computer.
- If you're using a third-party controller connected with Bluetooth, plug your headset directly into your computer. If you plug your headset into your controller, voice chat might not work.
Open the in-game Stadia menu
While you're playing a game, you can open the Stadia menu to access your friends list and other social features:
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press Shift + Tab.
- If you're using a supported third-party gamepad, press the Home button.
- Note: This might not work on all third-party gamepads.
Play local multiplayer games on stadia.com (Chrome)
- To play a multiplayer game, players can use a mouse/keyboard combination and up to 4 controllers connected to one computer.
- Players can connect each controller to the computer with a USB cable. You will need one USB port per controller.
- Note: You can plug a supported third-party gamepad into a USB port on your computer, or you can connect wirelessly if it supports Bluetooth.
Switch from stadia.com to your TV
You can switch from stadia.com to the TV where you set up your Chromecast Ultra.
- Turn on your TV.
- On your Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- Link your Stadia Controller to your TV screen.
- If needed, input the linking code.
- Select Play .
4K, HDR, and 5.1 Surround Sound
5.1 surround sound is supported on computers connected to a 6-channel speaker system.
HDR is supported on Chromecast Ultra connected to a TV that supports the HDR10 standard.
You can view the achievements you've earned in Stadia games in Google Chrome and on TV with Chromecast Ultra. In Google Chrome, you can also track how many achievements you've earned for each game, and view the achievements of other players who have made them visible to you.