You can play Stadia on the web with the latest version of Google Chrome.
Tip: Stadia is only officially supported in Google Chrome, but may work with other Chromium-based browsers such as Edge (version 79 or higher), Brave or Vivaldi. If you're having any issues with these browsers, try using Google Chrome instead.
Start a game on stadia.com
- Sign in to your Stadia account on stadia.com.
- If you don't have any games in your library, you can claim or purchase games in the Stadia store.
- Tip: You can also use the Stadia app on your mobile device to claim or purchase games.
- Use your mouse to select a game in your library to play.
- Click Play .
Exit a game on stadia.com
To exit a game that you're playing on stadia.com:
- Open the 'Exit game' menu.
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press and hold the Stadia button for 1 second.
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press and hold the Esc key for 1 second.
- If you're using a supported third-party controller, press and hold the Home button for 1 second.
- Note: This might not work on all third-party controllers.
- Select Exit game.
Set up game controls on stadia.com
Set up a controller
- If your Stadia Controller is already linked wirelessly to Chromecast Ultra on your TV, go to the home screen on your TV press and hold the Stadia button for 1 second select Unlink and turn off controller.
- Using Google Chrome, sign in to your account at stadia.com.
- Link your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer. You can also use a USB cable to plug your controller into one of your computer's USB ports.
- Tip: If you're using a USB A-to-C adaptor to connect a controller to your computer, make sure that the adaptor side of the cable is connected to your computer. If you're using a supported third-party controller, you can also connect wirelessly using Bluetooth.
- Launch a game.
Tip: You can plug a supported third-party controller into a USB port on your computer or you can connect it wirelessly if it supports Bluetooth.
Linking your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer may not work if your computer is on a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you have problems linking, disable VPN on your computer and try again. Tip: Corporate/work devices may have VPN enabled by default.
Set up a mouse and keyboard
To use a mouse and keyboard, just plug them in or connect them wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Using function keys on a Chromebook
If you're playing Stadia on a Chromebook that has an external keyboard, its function keys may not work properly until you change your Chromebook's keyboard settings:
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- At the bottom right, select the time, or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- Select Device Keyboard.
- Turn on Treat top-row keys as function keys.
Listen to audio and use voice chat
You can use a headset to listen to audio or use voice chat on stadia.com.
- Before using voice chat, make sure that you allow Chrome microphone permissions.
- When your Stadia Controller is plugged into your computer's USB port, you can plug a headset into the controller's 3.5 mm audio jack. When your Stadia Controller is linked wirelessly to your computer, you can plug a headset into the controller's 3.5 mm jack or its USB-C port.
- If you're using a third-party controller connected with Bluetooth, plug your headset directly into your computer. If you plug your headset into your controller, voice chat might not work.
Open the Stadia menu during a game
While you're playing a game, you can open the Stadia menu to access your friends list and other social features:
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press Shift + Tab.
- If you're using a supported third-party gamepad, press the Home button.
- Note: This might not work on all third-party gamepads.
Play local multiplayer games
- To play a multiplayer game, players can use a mouse/keyboard combination and up to four controllers connected to one computer.
- Players can connect each controller to the computer with a USB cable. You will need one USB port per controller.
- Note: You can plug a supported third-party gamepad into a USB port on your computer, or you can connect wirelessly if it supports Bluetooth.
Switch from stadia.com to your TV
You can switch from stadia.com to the TV where you set up your Chromecast Ultra.
- Press and hold the Stadia button for 4 seconds to turn off your Stadia Controller.
- Turn on your TV.
- On your Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- Link your Stadia Controller to your TV screen. If needed, input the linking code.
- Select Play .
4K, HDR and 5.1 surround sound
- 4K gameplay is supported on Windows computers and Chromebooks with VP9 hardware decoding, a 4K display, and Performance options set to Up to 4K.
- 5.1 surround sound is supported on computers connected to a 6-channel speaker system.
- HDR is supported on Chromecast Ultra connected to a TV that supports the HDR10 standard.
You can view the achievements that you've earned in Stadia games in Google Chrome and on TV with Chromecast Ultra. In Google Chrome, you can also track how many achievements that you've earned for each game, and view the achievements of other players who have made them visible to you.