You can use a desktop or laptop computer to play Stadia on the web. All you need is the latest version of the Google Chrome browser. Before you can start playing, you'll need to claim or purchase a game on stadia.com or in the Stadia app .
Tip: Although Stadia is only officially supported in Google Chrome, it may work with other Chromium-based browsers such as Edge (version 79 or higher), Brave, or Vivaldi. If you have any issues with these browsers, try Google Chrome instead. You can also play Stadia games on your iPhone® or iPad® using a Safari® web app.
Play any game in your library
- Sign into your account on stadia.com.
- Scroll down to "Your library".
- To view all the games in your library, click See all.
- Click on the game you'd like to play click Play .
Launch your most recently played game
- Sign into your account on stadia.com.
- The last game you played will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Click Play to launch the game.
Exit a game
To exit a game you're playing:
- Open the "exit game" menu.
- On a Stadia Controller, press and hold the Stadia button for 1 second.
- On a computer keyboard, press and hold the Esc key for 1 second.
- On a supported third-party controller, press and hold the Home button for 1 second.
- Note: This might not work on all third-party controllers.
- Select Exit game.
Set up game controls on stadia.com
Set up a controller
If your Stadia Controller is already linked wirelessly to Stadia on your TV:
- On your TV, go to the Stadia home screen.
- Press and hold the Stadia button for 1 second select Unlink and turn off controller.
- If your Stadia Controller is linked wirelessly to a mobile device, press and hold the Stadia button for 4 seconds to turn off the controller.
- On your computer using Google Chrome, sign into your account at stadia.com.
- Link your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer. You can also use a USB cable to connect your controller to one of your computer's USB ports.
- Tip: If you're using a USB A-to-C adapter to connect a controller to your computer, make sure the adapter side of the cable is connected to your computer. If you're using a supported third-party controller, you can also connect to your computer wirelessly with Bluetooth®.
- To start playing, select a game in your library select Play .
You might not be able to link your Stadia Controller wirelessly to your computer if your computer is on a Virtual Private Network (VPN). If you have problems linking, disable VPN on your computer and try again. Tip: Corporate/work devices might have VPN enabled by default.
Set up a mouse and keyboard
To use a mouse and keyboard, just plug them into your computer or connect them wirelessly with Bluetooth.
Using function keys on a Chromebook
If you're playing Stadia on a Chromebook that has an external keyboard, its function keys may not work properly until you change your Chromebook's keyboard settings:
- Sign into your Chromebook.
- At the bottom right, select the time or press Alt + Shift + s.
- Select Settings .
- Select Device Keyboard.
- Turn on Treat top-row keys as function keys.
Listen to audio and use voice chat
You can use a headset to listen to audio and use voice chat on stadia.com.
- Before using voice chat, make sure to allow Chrome microphone permissions.
- When your Stadia Controller is plugged into your computer's USB port, you can plug a headset into the controller's 3.5mm audio jack. When your Stadia Controller is linked wirelessly to your computer, you can plug a headset into the controller's 3.5mm jack or its USB-C® port.
- If you're using a third-party controller, plug your headset directly into your computer. If you plug your headset into your controller, voice chat might not work.
Open the Stadia menu while you play
While you play a game, open the Stadia menu to access your friends list and other social features:
- If you're using a Stadia Controller, press the Stadia button .
- If you're using a computer keyboard, press Shift + Tab.
- If you're using a supported third-party gamepad, press the Home button.
- Note: Pressing the Home button might not work on all third-party gamepads.
Play local multiplayer games
- To play a multiplayer game, you can use a mouse/keyboard combination and up to 4 controllers connected to one computer.
- You can connect each controller to the computer with a USB cable. You will need one USB port for each controller.
- Note: You can plug a supported third-party gamepad into a USB port on your computer, or you can connect it wirelessly if it supports Bluetooth.
Switch from stadia.com to your TV
For instructions, go to Switch screens mid-game.
4K, HDR, and 5.1 surround sound
- Up to 4K gameplay is supported on Windows® computers and Chromebooks with VP9 hardware decoding, a 4K display, and Performance options set to Up to 4K.
- 5.1 surround sound is supported on computers connected to a 6-channel speaker system. Learn more about troubleshooting surround sound on Stadia.
- HDR is supported on TVs that support the HDR10 standard. It's also supported on Chromecast Ultra or HDR-compatible Google TV and Android TV devices.
In Google Chrome or on your TV, you can look up achievements you've earned in games you play on Stadia. You can also track achievements you've earned for each game and go to the achievements of other players who have made them accessible to you in their privacy settings.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IPHONE, IPAD, and SAFARI are trademarks of Apple Inc.
USB-C is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum.
WINDOWS is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.