If your Stadia Controller is unresponsive, or you have trouble connecting it to a device, follow the steps below.
- Use a functional charger and USB-C® cable to plug your Stadia Controller into a power source for 30 minutes.
- With the controller off, hold down the Y button press the Stadia button for ten seconds release the button.
- Press and hold the Stadia button for 2 seconds or plug it into a power source.
If your Stadia Controller is paired wirelessly to a device with Bluetooth or connected with a USB cable and you want to stop using it:
- Press and hold the Stadia button for 4 seconds.
- The controller will rumble and its status light will turn off.
- To turn your controller back on:
- For a wired connection, plug your controller back into your computer or mobile device.
- For a wireless link, press and hold the Stadia button until the controller rumbles.
If you experience issues with your Stadia Controller and the steps above don't help, perform a factory reset:
- Make sure your Stadia Controller is on.
- Press and hold the Google Assistant and Capture buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds.
- The controller will vibrate and the status light will blink.
Fix connection and pairing issues
If you need help connecting or pairing your controller to a device, go to our Stadia Controller connection FAQ.
Software updates to your Stadia Controller
Until December 31, 2023, you can use the web tool at stadia.google.com/controller to enable Bluetooth mode on your Stadia Controller. This mode lets you connect your controller wirelessly to devices after Stadia shuts down.