Adding your Stadia account to Chromecast
You can add your Stadia account to Chromecast so that you can open games without having to use the Stadia app.
To add your account to Chromecast, you need to have the following:
- Your Stadia account signed into the app
- A Stadia controller
Important: Make sure your phone, Chromecast, and controller are connected to the same Wi-Fi before you add your Stadia account to Chromecast.
Add your Stadia account to Chromecast
- Use your controller to enter the linking code found at the top right of the TV screen.
If you don't see the linking code, you may need to turn on the Chromecast’s linking code setting in the Home app:
1. Select the Chromecast.
2. Tap Device settings in the top right corner.
3. Go to Ambient Mode and scroll down to the "Stadia Controller Linking Code" section.
4. Tap Show. The linking code should show up on the TV screen.
- Select + on the TV screen to add your account.
- In the app, tap your avatar in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose Add account to Chromecast in the Stadia account menu.
After you add your Stadia account to Chromecast, you’ll be asked to create an optional 4-digit security pin on the TV screen. This is helpful if you don’t want other people to use your account on the TV.
Select Add security pin to get started, or Done to skip.
Troubleshooting connection issues
If you get a message on the TV screen that says it Can’t connect right now, make sure your phone stays connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Chromecast and Try again.
Remove your Stadia account from Chromecast
You can remove your Stadia account from Chromecast directly on the TV screen.
- If you’re signed into Stadia, press and hold the Stadia button on your controller and select Sign out from the menu.
- On the “Choose an account” screen, hover over the account you want to remove.
- Press X.
- Select Remove account.
You can also remove your Stadia account from Chromecast in your Google settings.