Straight after you add your Stadia account to Chromecast, you’ll be asked to create an optional 4-digit security pin on the TV screen. This pin is helpful if you don’t want other people to use your account on that TV.
When prompted on the TV screen, select Add security pin to get started, or Done to skip.
Note: If you skip, you will have to remove and re-add your account to Chromecast if you want to add a security pin.
Add a security pin
- Use the buttons on the controller to enter your security pin. The key at the bottom of the TV screen lets you know the number that each button represents.
- Press B to delete a number.
- Once you enter 4 digits, re-enter them to confirm your security pin.
- If the second pin does not match the first one, you’ll be asked to enter it again.
- Press B to cancel.
Note: If you cancel, you will not be able to add a security pin unless you remove the Stadia account from Chromecast and re-add it.
- Once your security pin is confirmed, press X to go to the home screen on your account.
- Press B to cancel and go back to the Account picker screen.
Note: If you want to change or remove the security pin, you need to remove the Stadia account from Chromecast and re-add it.