You can sign up for Stadia on your desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device. Before you can create a Stadia account, you'll need:
- A Google Account: If you have Gmail or any other Google service, you already have a Google Account. If you don't have a Google Account, you can create one before or during the signup process.
- (Optional) An invite code: You don't need a code to sign up for Stadia. If you received an invite code with a hardware purchase or promotion, you can redeem it when you create your account. Some codes can also be redeemed after you create your account.
- Note: If you received a code with a Founder's Edition bundle, it can only be redeemed when you create your Stadia account.
Sign up for Stadia on the web
You can create a Stadia account on your computer using Google Chrome.
Sign in with your Google Account on stadia.com
- Using Google Chrome, go to stadia.google.com/setup.
- Sign into or select the Google Account you want to sign up with.
To use an account that is not displayed, or to create a new Google Account, select Change account.
Important: If someone with a supervised Google account (for example, a child) attempts to sign up for Stadia, their family manager (for example, a parent) will need to help them create a Stadia account.
Confirm your Google Account
- Make sure that the Google Account displayed is the one you want to sign up with.
- Choose Yes or No next to the questions select Confirm.
- Optional: If you answer Yes to any of the questions, a text box will appear so you can redeem a code. Enter your code in the box, then select Next.
- If you don't have a code, or if the code is not valid, select Back select No in the dropdown menu next to every question select Confirm.
You might not be able to create a Stadia account if:
- You deleted (or asked to delete) Stadia from the Google Account you selected.
- A Stadia account has been disabled on the Google Account you selected.
- We're still working on a request to recover Stadia on the Google Account you selected.
- Stadia isn't yet available in your country.
- Stadia is at capacity in your region and you don't have an optional code to redeem. If you experience a regional limit when you try to create your account, try again in a few days.
- You're using a G Suite account or an organization's account.
Review our policies
Pick a Stadia avatar
- Scroll to move through the selection of Stadia avatars.
- Select the avatar you want to pick.
- Select Next.
Claim your Stadia Name
- Type your unique player name into the Stadia name text bar.
- Don't use your real name.
- Pick a name from 3 to 15 characters long.
- Only use characters A–Z, a–z, and 0–9.
- Avoid prohibited words and phrases.
- Select Next.
- Select Confirm to continue, or Back to go back.
Choose privacy settings
- For every privacy setting, select from the following choices in the dropdown menu:
- Friends & their friends
- All players
- No one
- Select Next.
Tip: Not every setting will have every option listed above. You can always change your privacy settings later.
Sign up for email updates
- To get the latest updates and invitations for Stadia features, select Sign up for email updates.
- If you don't want to sign up for email updates, select Not now.
- Select Next.
Start your Stadia Pro subscription
If you didn't redeem an invite code for Stadia Pro, you'll be eligible for a Stadia Pro trial subscription.
- To start your Stadia Pro trial subscription, select Start trial.
- Verify the payment information associated with your account, then select Subscribe.
- To continue, click the button on your screen and choose games to claim or purchase.
Verify controls and get started
After your Stadia account has been created, you can start playing:
- On a TV using Chromecast Ultra: Set up the Stadia Controller with the Stadia app . Note: To add your Stadia account to your Chromecast Ultra, you need to be signed into the Stadia app .
- On your computer using Google Chrome: Go to stadia.com and plug your Stadia Controller directly into your computer, or link to it wirelessly. You can also use a mouse and keyboard or a supported third-party controller.
- On a supported mobile device: Plug a compatible controller into a supported mobile device, then sign into your account on the Stadia app . You can also link a Stadia Controller wirelessly to your mobile device.