Creating a Stadia account
To create a Stadia account, download the Stadia app on Google Play or the App Store.
You need a Google Account to create your Stadia account. If you have Gmail or any other Google service, you already have one. You can also create a Google Account before or during Stadia signup.
The Stadia app walks you through creating an account. You can also read through all of the sections below for step-by-step instructions on how to create a Stadia account.
Note: If you want to add your Stadia account to your Chromecast, you need to be signed in on the Stadia app.
Confirm your Google Account
- Tap the Google Account you want to sign up with.
- If you want to use an account that is not listed or create a new Google Account, tap Use another account. You will be prompted to add or create one.
- Tap Yes! I’m sure to confirm your Google Account.
Important: Once you confirm your Google Account with Stadia, you can’t switch it later. All of your Stadia information and activity will be tied to this Google Account, and cannot be transferred.
You may not be able to create a Stadia account with a specific Google Account if the following is true:
- You deleted Stadia from this account.
- You asked to delete Stadia from this account.
- We’re working on your request to recover Stadia.
- Stadia isn’t available yet in your country.
- You’re using a G Suite account or an organization’s account.
- Your Stadia account has been disabled.
If you’re a child or a parent has added supervision to your account, you may need a parent to help create your Stadia account.
Unlock Stadia with your code
- Enter the 16-digit code you received with your Founder’s Edition, Premiere Edition or Buddy Pass.
- If the code is incorrect, expired or has already been used, the app will let you know.
- Tap Unlock.
- On the Stadia Welcome screen, you will be prompted with Pro subscription information.
- If you’re a Founder or Premiere Edition player, you’ll begin the first 3 months of your Pro subscription that came with your purchase after signup.
- If you’ve received a Buddy Pass, you’ll add a Pro subscription during signup.
- Select Let’s go to continue.
Read our policies
- Read the Stadia privacy disclosure.
- Check the box to agree to Stadia terms of service.
- Tap Next.
Note: You will not be able to proceed without checking the box.
Create your profile
Pick an avatar
- Scroll to move through the selection of avatars.
- Tap the avatar you want to pick.
- Tap Next.
Claim your Stadia name
- Type in your unique player name into Stadia name text bar.
- Don't use your real name.
- Only use characters A-Z, a-z, and 0-9.
- Pick a name from 3 to 15 characters long.
- Avoid prohibited words and phrases.
- Tap Preview.
- Tap Use this name to continue, or Change name to go back.
- After your profile is confirmed, tap the button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
Choose privacy settings
- Customize every setting or use one of the following choices from the dropdown menu to choose all settings at once.
- Connect & share with all players
- Share with friends
- Don't share with anyone
Tip: You can still change individual settings after you choose all settings at once.
- Tap Next. Each setting needs to have an option selected to move forward.
Start your Stadia Pro subscription
- Select Sign up for email updates to get the latest updates and invitations for Stadia features and updates, or select Not now to skip.
- Tap Next.
- Review billing information and select payment type.
- Tap 1-Tap Buy (Google Play) or Buy (App Store) to confirm payment.