You can sign up for a Stadia account on your desktop computer, laptop, or mobile device. Before you create a Stadia account, you'll need:
- A Google Account: If you have Gmail or any other Google service, you already have a Google Account. If you don't have a Google Account, you can create one before or during the signup process.
- (Optional) An invite code: You don't need a code to sign up for Stadia. If you received an invite code with a hardware purchase or promotion, you can redeem it when you create your account. Some codes can also be redeemed after you create your account.
- Note: If you received a code with a Founder's Edition bundle, it can only be redeemed when you create your Stadia account.
Sign up for Stadia on your Android device
To create a Stadia account on your Android mobile device, download the latest version of the Stadia app on Google Play.
Important: If someone with a supervised Google account (for example, a child) attempts to sign up for Stadia, their family manager (for example, a parent) will need to help them create a Stadia account.
Confirm your Google Account
- On your mobile device, open the Stadia app .
- Tap the Google Account you want to use, then tap Confirm.
- If you want to sign up with a different account, tap Change account.
- If someone else is signed into the Stadia app on the device you're using, tap their avatar tap Switch account.
- Select Yes or No next to the questions that appear tap Next.
- Optional: If you answer Yes to any of the questions, a text box will appear so you can redeem a code. Enter your code in the box, then tap Next.
- If you don't have a code, or your code is not valid, tap Back select No in the dropdown menu next to every question tap Confirm.
You may not be able to create a Stadia account if:
- You deleted (or asked to delete) Stadia from the Google Account you selected.
- A Stadia account has been disabled on the Google Account you selected.
- We're still working on a request to recover Stadia on the Google Account you selected.
- Stadia isn't yet available in your country.
- Stadia is at capacity in your region and you don't have an optional code to redeem. If you experience a regional limit when you try to create your account, try again in a few days.
- You're using a G Suite account or an organization's account.
Review our policies
Pick a Stadia avatar
- Scroll to move through the selection of Stadia avatars.
- Tap the avatar you want to pick.
- Tap Next.
Claim your Stadia Name
- Type your unique player name into the Stadia name text bar.
- Don't use your real name.
- Pick a name from 3 to 15 characters long.
- Only use characters A–Z, a–z, and 0–9.
- Avoid prohibited words and phrases.
- Tap Next to continue, or Change name to go back.
- Tap Confirm.
Choose privacy settings
- For every privacy setting, select from the following choices in the dropdown menu:
- Friends & their friends
- All players
- No one
- Tap Next.
Tip: Not every setting will have every option listed above. You can always change your privacy settings later.
Sign up for email updates
- To get the latest updates and invitations for Stadia features, tap Sign up for email updates.
- If you don't want to sign up for email updates, tap Not now.
- Tap Next.
Start your Stadia Pro subscription
If you didn't redeem an invite code for Stadia Pro, you'll be eligible for a Stadia Pro trial subscription.
- To start your Stadia Pro trial subscription, tap Start trial.
- Verify the payment information associated with your account, then tap 1-Tap Buy.
- To continue, tap the button on your screen and choose games to claim or purchase.
Verify controls and get started
After you sign up for Stadia and your account has been created, you can start playing:
- On a TV using Chromecast Ultra: Sign into the Stadia app and tap the controller icon at the top to set up your Stadia Controller.
- On Google TV or Android TV: Add the Google account you associated with Stadia to your Google TV or Android TV device. Download Stadia to the device, then link a controller to your screen and launch a game.
- On an LG® webOS TV (2020 or later model year): Download the Stadia app on your TV, then launch the app, sign into your Google account, and link a controller to your screen. Learn more about Stadia on LG webOS TVs.
- On your computer using Google Chrome: Go to stadia.com and plug your Stadia Controller directly into your computer, or link to it wirelessly. You can also use a mouse and keyboard or a supported Bluetooth® controller.
- On a supported mobile device: Sign into the Stadia app on your device, then plug a compatible controller into it or link to it wirelessly.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.