Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on a computer, on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra, and on the following mobile devices:
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL
- Samsung S8, S8+, S8 Active, Note 8
- Samsung S9, S9+, Note 9
- Samsung S10, S10+, Note 10, Note 10+
- Samsung S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
- Asus ROG Phone, ROG Phone II
- Razer Phone, Razer Phone II
Note: Playing Stadia on a TV requires the Stadia Controller.
See how devices can connect to Stadia in the table below.
|Gamepad type||On TV with Chromecast Ultra||On Google Chrome (version 77 or greater)||Supported phones with Android 10.0 or greater|
|Stadia Controller||Wi-Fi connectivity||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Keyboard and mouse||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|DualShock 4 Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Elite Controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Xbox Adaptive Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox 360 Controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Switch Pro Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
- Some of the gamepads listed above may require additional drivers in order to properly function with Stadia on Windows, MacOS, Linux, and ChromeOS.
- The "Home" button for the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not supported on Android, Linux, or ChromeOS.
- Because the "Home" button for Xbox Controllers on Windows may open the Windows Game Bar when pressed, it is not supported by Stadia on Windows. Instead, you may press Shift + Tab on your computer keyboard to open the in-game Stadia menu.
- The DualShock 4 Controller (when connected with USB on Google Chrome) and the Stadia Controller support audio input and output via a headset connected to the 3.5mm jack. For all other peripherals and platforms, headsets must be connected directly to the computer or phone for audio input and output.
- The Stadia Controller is the only gamepad that supports receiving game and chat audio and providing microphone input via connected headsets. When using other third-party gamepads, you will need to connect your headset directly to your computer or phone.
- Tip: If you're getting low-quality audio from a headset attached to your Stadia Controller, close any extra browser tabs you have open, then plug your headset directly into your computer instead of your controller.
- Bluetooth for Xbox One Wireless Controllers is not supported on Linux.