Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on a computer, on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra and on compatible mobile devices, including:
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5
- Samsung S8, S8+, S8 Active, Note 8
- Samsung S9, S9+, Note 9
- Samsung S10, S10+, Note 10, Note 10+
- Samsung S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- OnePlus 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro, Nord
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G
- Asus ROG Phone, ROG Phone II, ROG Phone III
- Razer Phone, Razer Phone II
Note: Playing Stadia on a TV requires the Stadia Controller. If you don't have a controller, you can play on your computer using a mouse and keyboard, or on a compatible mobile device using the touch gamepad preview.
See how devices can connect to Stadia in the table below.
|Gamepad type||On TV with Chromecast Ultra||On Google Chrome (version 77 or greater)||Supported phones with Android 10.0 or greater|
|Stadia Controller||Wi-Fi connectivity||USB and Wi-Fi connectivity||USB and Wi-Fi connectivity|
|Keyboard and mouse||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|DualShock 4 controller||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One controller||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Elite controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Xbox adaptive controller||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox 360 controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Switch Pro controller||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
Compatibility, headsets and audio
Operating system compatibility
- Some of the gamepads and controllers listed above may require additional drivers to properly function with Stadia on Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS.
- Bluetooth for Xbox One wireless controllers is not supported on Linux.
- If you’re playing Stadia with an Xbox controller on a Windows computer, pressing the 'Home' button might open the Windows game bar. To open the Stadia menu instead, press Shift + Tab on your computer keyboard.
- The 'Home' button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not supported when playing Stadia on Android, Linux or Chrome OS.
Headsets and audio
- You can connect an audio headset to the 3.5 mm audio jack on your Stadia Controller or DualShock 4 when they are connected to your computer or mobile device with a USB cable. For other controllers, headsets must be connected directly to your computer or mobile device.
- You can connect an audio headset directly to your Stadia Controller's USB-C port or 3.5 mm jack when your controller is linked wirelessly to Stadia. Note: Some headsets may not be compatible with the USB-C port.
- If you connect headsets to both the 3.5 mm audio jack and the USB-C port on your Stadia Controller, only the headset connected to the audio jack will be active.
- The Stadia Controller is the only gamepad that supports receiving game audio, chat audio and microphone input through a connected headset. When using other third-party controllers, you'll need to connect your headset directly to your computer or mobile device.
- Tip: If you're getting low-quality audio from a headset attached to your Stadia Controller, close any extra browser tabs that you have open, then plug your headset directly into your computer instead of your controller.
- Note: When you connect your Stadia Controller to your mobile device, or link to it wirelessly, you'll be able to hear voice chat when you connect a headset to your phone, but you won't be able to speak to others with your mobile device or headset.