Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on computers, TVs and mobile devices.
Compatible mobile devices
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5, 5a, 6, 6 Pro, 6a
- Samsung Galaxy® S8, S8+, S8 Active, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, S22
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, S6, S7, S7+, S8, A, A7
- Samsung Note® 8, 9, 10, 10+, 20, 20 Ultra
- OnePlus® 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G, 8T
- OnePlus Nord, N10 5G, N100
- Apple® iPhone® and iPad®
- Asus® ROG® Phones
- Razer® Phone, Razer Phone II
- LG® V50 ThinQ™, V50S ThinQ, V60 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, Wing
How to play on iPhone or iPad
To play games on your iPhone or iPad, just create a Safari® web app on your device.
Play on non-supported Android devices
Stadia works on Chromecast Ultra, Google TV, compatible Android TV devices and select smart TVs. For the best experience, it's recommended that you use one of the officially supported devices listed below. Your play experience might vary on non-supported Android TV devices.
- Chromecast Ultra
- Chromecast with Google TV
- DIRECTV STREAM℠ Device
- Hisense® Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- MagentaTV® One
- Nokia® Streaming Box 8000
- Nvidia® Shield TV and Shield TV Pro
- Onn® FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Panasonic® JX800 series (Europe)
- Philips® Android TVs from 2019 (7304 or later) and 2020 (8505 or later)
- Philips 4K TVs from 2021 and 2022
- Philips 7-series Google TV
- Sharp® Aquos® (EQ, EP, EL, EN series) (Europe)
- Sony® BRAVIA (Z9J, A90J, A80J, X95J, X92, X91J, X90J, X85J, X80J, X900H, X9000H)
- STRONG® LEAP-S1 Android TV box
- TCL® 5-Series and 6-Series (with Google TV)
- TiVo® Stream 4K
- Verizon® Stream TV, Stream TV Soundbar and Stream TV Soundbar Pro
- Xiaomi® MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
Smart TV in-app experience
- LG® webOS smart TVs (2020 or later model year)
- Samsung® smart TVs (2022 or later model year)
Note: Stadia is not currently compatible with the Samsung 32" Frame TV and Samsung M50B Smart Monitor. Stay tuned for information about TV compatibility.
Note: When you link a Stadia Controller to a compatible TV, the controller can only be used to navigate the Stadia app. To navigate other sections of your TV interface, connect a Bluetooth controller or use the TV remote that came with your device.
Other supported devices
If you launch the Stadia app on your TV and don't get a warning message, this means that your device is supported, even if it's not in the above list.
Use a Stadia Controller or a compatible controller to play games on your TV, computer or mobile device. If you don't have a compatible controller, use the touch screen on your mobile device as a virtual gamepad, or play on a computer with a mouse and keyboard.
Check how devices connect to Stadia in the following table:
|Gamepad type||Google TV, Android TV or smart TV||On TV with Chromecast Ultra||On Google Chrome (version 77 or later)||Supported phones with Android 10.0 or later||iPhones and iPads|
|Stadia Controller||USB and Wi-Fi connectivity||Wi-Fi connectivity||USB and Wi-Fi connectivity||USB and Wi-Fi connectivity||Wi-Fi connectivity|
|Keyboard and mouse||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable|
|PlayStation DualShock 4 controller||USB and Bluetooth1 connectivity or through your phone2||Through your phone2||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One controller||USB and Bluetooth1 connectivity or through your phone2||Through your phone2||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Elite controller||USB connectivity or through your phone2||Through your phone2||USB connectivity||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|Xbox Adaptive Controller||USB and Bluetooth1 connectivity or through your phone2||Through your phone2||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox 360 controller||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|Switch Pro controller||Through your phone2||Currently unavailable||USB and Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable|
|Virtual touch gamepad||Through your phone2||Through your phone2||Currently unavailable||Supported||Supported|
Note: If you plug a controller in to your Android 11 device with a USB-C cable or connect via Bluetooth and the controller isn't recognized, try to disable all accessibility services in your device's settings. If you still can't connect, link a Stadia Controller wirelessly to your device or use the touch gamepad.
Other third-party controllers
Some third-party controllers might work with Stadia even if they aren’t in the above table, depending on the hardware you use.
1Bluetooth support on smart TVsNot all smart TVs support Bluetooth connections, but you can plug PS4 and Xbox controllers directly into a free USB port on your Stadia-compatible smart TV, if it has one.
2Connect a controller through your phone
If your streaming device or smart TV doesn't support Bluetooth connections, or if you experience Bluetooth connectivity issues, connect a controller through your phone or tablet.
- Some of the gamepads and controllers listed above might require additional drivers to properly function with Stadia on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- The Xbox button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not supported when you play Stadia on Android, Linux or Chrome OS.
- Bluetooth for Xbox One wireless controllers is not supported on Linux.
- Check for firmware or software updates from the manufacturer for bug fixes and improvements.
- To use the Stadia button on a third-party Bluetooth gamepad, press the Home button usually located at the centre of the controller. If you're playing on a TV and the controller's Home button doesn't work, try turning on controller shortcuts.
- If you play Stadia with an Xbox controller on a Windows computer and press the Xbox button, the 'Windows game bar' might open. To open the Stadia menu instead, press Shift + Tab on your computer keyboard.
- If you play on a device that came with a TV remote, you can press the OK or D-pad buttons on the remote to bring up the Stadia menu.
- If you experience controller connectivity issues, connect a third-party controller to your mobile device to play games on your TV.
- The official Stadia Controller is the only gamepad that supports game audio, chat audio and microphone input through a connected headset.
- When your Stadia Controller is linked wirelessly to a Stadia-compatible device, you can connect an audio headset to the controller's USB-C port or 3.5 mm audio jack.
- If you connect two headsets to both the 3.5 mm audio jack and the USB-C port on your Stadia Controller, only the headset connected to the audio jack will work.
- Some headsets might not be compatible with your Stadia Controller's USB-C port.
- If you connect a headset to your Stadia Controller and get low-quality audio when you play on a computer, close any extra browser tabs that you have open and plug your headset directly into your computer.
- When your Stadia Controller is connected to your computer or mobile device with a USB cable, you can connect an audio headset to the controller's 3.5 mm audio jack.
- If you don't hear audio when your Stadia Controller is plugged into your computer and your headset is plugged into the Stadia Controller's 3.5 mm audio jack, manually switch the audio source on your computer to output directly to your controller.
- When you connect your Stadia Controller to an Android mobile device, you can receive and respond to in-game voice chat or party chat when you connect a headset to your controller with Bluetooth or a USB cable.
- When you play Stadia on Google TV or Android TV, you'll be able to get party chat and game audio over a Bluetooth headset, but you won't be able to use the microphone to speak.
- If you play on a TV and don't hear audio when you plug your headset into your Stadia Controller, make sure that your Stadia Controller is connected to the same network as your streaming device or smart TV, especially if you have more than one router set up in your home.
- Learn how to connect a Bluetooth headset to Google TV.
SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG GALAXY and SAMSUNG NOTE are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
ASUS and ROG are registered trademarks of AsusTek Computer Inc.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
DIRECTV and related marks are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies.
HISENSE is a registered trademark of Hisense Co., Ltd.
APPLE, IPHONE, IPAD, MACOS, and SAFARI are trademarks of Apple Inc.
LG, ThinQ and related marks are trademarks of LG Electronics Inc.
LINUX is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
MAGENTATV is a trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.
NOKIA is a registered trademark of Nokia Corporation.
NVIDIA is a registered trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
ONEPLUS is a registered trademark of OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
ONN is a trademark of WALMART APOLLO, LLC.
PANASONIC is a registered trademark of Panasonic Corporation.
PHILIPS is a registered trademark of Koninklijke Philips N.V.
PLAYSTATION and DUALSHOCK 4 are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
RAZER is a registered trademark of RAZER (ASIA-PACIFIC) PTE LTD.
SHARP and AQUOS are registered trademarks of Sharp Corporation.
SONY and BRAVIA are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
STRONG is a trademark of STRONG GmbH.
TCL is a registered trademark of TCL Technology Group Corporation.
TIVO is a registered trademark of TiVo, Inc.
USB-C is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum.
Verizon is a trademark of Verizon Trademark Services LLC.
WINDOWS, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE and XBOX ADAPTIVE CONTROLLER are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
XIAOMI is a registered trademark of MI Company.