Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on a computer, on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra, and on compatible mobile devices, including:
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5
- Samsung S8, S8+, S8 Active, Note 8
- Samsung S9, S9+, Note 9
- Samsung S10, S10+, Note 10, Note 10+
- Samsung S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- OnePlus 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G, 8T
- OnePlus Nord, N10 5G, N100
- Asus ROG Phones
- Razer Phone, Razer Phone II
- LG V50 ThinQ, V50S ThinQ, V60 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, Wing
Note: Playing Stadia on a TV requires the Stadia Controller. If you don't have a controller, you can play on your computer using a mouse and keyboard, or on a compatible mobile device using the touch gamepad preview.
See how devices can connect to Stadia in the table below.
|Gamepad type||On TV with Chromecast Ultra||On Google Chrome (version 77 or greater)||Supported phones with Android 10.0 or greater|
|Stadia Controller||Wi-Fi connectivity||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity|
|Keyboard and mouse||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|DualShock 4 Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Elite Controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Xbox Adaptive Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox 360 Controller||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity|
|Switch Pro Controller||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable|
Compatibility, headsets, and audio
Operating system compatibility
- Some of the gamepads and controllers listed above may require additional drivers to properly function with Stadia on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Bluetooth for Xbox One Wireless Controllers is not supported on Linux.
- If you're using a third-party gamepad, check for firmware or software updates from the manufacturer for bug fixes and improvements.
- The above table does not provide an exhaustive list of gamepads that may work with Stadia. Others may also work, depending on their compatibility with Chrome and Android.
- Not all gamepads are compatible with non-Pixel Android devices. Contact your device's manufacturer for information on which gamepads are compatible with your device.
- If you're playing Stadia with an Xbox Controller on a Windows computer, pressing the “Home” button might open the Windows Game Bar. To open the Stadia menu instead, press Shift + Tab on your computer keyboard.
- The "Home" button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not supported when playing Stadia on Android, Linux, or Chrome OS.
Headsets and audio
- You can connect an audio headset to the 3.5mm audio jack on your Stadia Controller or DualShock 4 when they are connected to your computer or mobile device with a USB cable. For other controllers, headsets must be connected directly to your computer or mobile device.
- You can connect an audio headset directly to your Stadia Controller's USB-C port or 3.5mm jack when your controller is linked wirelessly to Stadia on a computer or Chromecast Ultra. Note: Some headsets may not be compatible with the USB-C port.
- If you're playing on Chromecast Ultra and don't hear audio when you plug your headset into your Stadia Controller, make sure your Stadia Controller and Chromecast are connected to the same network, especially if you have more than one router set up in your home.
- If you connect headsets to both the 3.5mm audio jack and the USB-C port on your Stadia Controller, only the headset connected to the audio jack will be active.
- The Stadia Controller is the only gamepad that supports receiving game audio, chat audio, and microphone input through a connected headset. When using other third-party controllers, you'll need to connect your headset directly to your computer or mobile device.
- Tip: If you're getting low-quality audio from a headset attached to your Stadia Controller, close any extra browser tabs you have open, then plug your headset directly into your computer instead of your controller.
- Note: When you connect your Stadia Controller to your Android mobile device, or link to your device wirelessly, you'll be able to hear voice chat when you connect a headset to your phone, but you won't be able to speak to others with your mobile device or headset.