On September 29, 2022, Google announced that the Stadia servers will be turned off on January 18, 2023. The following article includes answers to common questions and will be updated as new information becomes available. Please check back for updates before contacting support.
Starting November 9, 2022, Stadia will attempt to automatically process refunds for all purchases of games, add-on content and subscriptions fees other than Stadia Pro made through the Stadia Store. We ask for your patience as we work through each transaction and ask that you refrain from contacting Customer Support as they will not be able to expedite your refund during this time. We still expect the majority of refunds to be processed by January 18th, 2023.
Frequently asked questions
Refunds, returns, and new purchases
- Customers who have made 20 or fewer purchases on the Stadia store will receive one email for each transaction made (including a separate email for each reoccurrence of any eligible recurring subscriptions).
- For a complete list of transactions that require your attention, please visit pay.google.com and click Alerts at the top of the page.
- Customers who have made 21 or more purchases on the Stadia store will receive one email summarizing all refund attempts. If necessary, this email will provide instructions on additional steps needed to help us complete your refund.
If you have received an email indicating that the refund was issued, but the form of payment that was refunded is no longer active and you have not received an additional email from Google with next steps, please reach out to the banking institution and/or credit card company to discuss how you will receive your funds.
A: Some refunds might require additional steps before you can receive them. Google has partnered with a platform called Payoneer to help facilitate the remainder of your refunds.
Expect an email from Stadia in January that contains a link generated specifically for you and your account. Please don't share this link, as that will increase the time needed to deliver your refund. In the email, you'll be directed to sign up on the Payoneer site and verify your identity before choosing the form and method of your refund.
- Go to pay.google.com.
- In the top header, select Alerts .
- Check the list of transactions. If you think refunds are missing from the list, contact Stadia customer support and provide an agent with the order number of each transaction you think is missing. To find an order number (also known as a transaction ID), go into your Stadia settings select Purchases & Subscriptions select a transaction.
Interim game play experience
The Stadia Controller
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.