Announcement banners let you highlight important information in a clear and customizable way.
Add a banner
- On your computer, open your website in the new Google Sites.
- At the top right, click Settings Announcement banner.
- Turn on Show banner.
Edit banner text
- In the field under “Message,” enter your desired banner text.
- When you’re done, at the top right, click Publish.
Customize banner color
- Next to "Banner color" select the Drop down arrow .
- Select a color or add a custom color.
Link your banner to other pages
Use banners to direct people to specific pages. To create a link button:
- In the field under “Button label,” enter your desired text.
- Under the “Link” field, enter the hyperlink of the page you want linked.
Tip: If you want the link to open in a new tab, check Open in new tab.
Choose where your banner appears
To change whether your Announcement banner appears on your home page or on every page
- Click Settings Announcement banner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu, and choose Home page only or All pages.