Announcement banners let you highlight important information in a clear and customizable way.
Add a banner
- On your computer, open your website in the new Google Sites.
- At the top right, click Settings Announcement banner.
- Turn on Show banner.
Edit banner text
- In the field under “Message,” enter your desired banner text.
- When you’re done, at the top right, click Publish.
Customize banner color
- Next to "Banner color" select the Drop down arrow .
- Select a color or add a custom color.
Link your banner to other pages
Use banners to direct people to specific pages. To create a link button:
- In the field under “Button label,” enter your desired text.
- Under the “Link” field, enter the hyperlink of the page you want linked.
Choose where your banner appears
To change whether your Announcement banner appears on your home page or on every page
- Click Settings Announcement banner.
- Scroll to the bottom of the menu, and choose Home page only or All pages.