Add images to your site
It's easy to enhance your site by adding images from your computer or online images:
- Navigate to the page where you would like to place your image on it and click the Edit page icon, which looks like a pencil."
- From the Insert menu, select Image.
- If the image is on your computer, click Upload images and navigate your computer to select the image. If you want to choose an image you found online, click Web address (URL) and enter the URL of the image in the box next to Image URL.
- Click OK.
- If you choose, you can then make changes to the size or position of the image or wrap text around the image.
- Continue making changes to your page or click Save to preserve all changes to the current page.
Any new image you add is automatically linked to itself. If a visitor clicks on it, it will click through to a full version of the image in its own window.
Google Sites doesn't currently support uploading animated GIFs. However, you can use animated GIFs if they are hosted on another site and you add them through the Web address (URL) tab. In addition, you may upload most other types of image files, but if they are not JPG or PNG format, they will be converted to either JPG or PNG.
Was this article helpful?