Add a table of contents
A table of contents is a great way for you to organize your content and an easy way for viewers to navigate your document. All you have to do is creates headings within your document, then add a table of contents to your page.
Adding the table of contents
- Add headings to important parts of your document. See Add titles, headings and customize the style of your document to learn more about headings.
- Place the cursor where you would like to insert your table of contents.
- From the Insert menu, select Table of Contents.
- When you add new headings to your document, or update existing headings, go back to the table of contents and click Update table of contents to regenerate it.
- You can format the table of contents like you format other text. You can even delete parts of it if you want. Keep in mind that updating the table of contents will remove any of your customizations.