Configure your sidebar and navigation gadget
Most site templates include a sidebar to help visitors navigate your site. The sidebar can also house sidebar gadgets, such as a text box or ads delivered through Google AdSense.
Enabling and disabling your sidebar
- To start editing your site's layout, click the More button near the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Select Edit site layout.
- Click on Sidebar in the toolbar to enable or disable it.
- Any changes you make are saved instantly.
Adding, reordering, and deleting items in your sidebar
You can add all kinds of stuff to your sidebar, including your site's navigation, a list of site authors, customizable text boxes, countdown timers, and more. To explore the options and add an item, follow these steps:
- If you aren't already, make sure you're in "Edit site layout" mode. Click the More button in the top-right of your browser window, then select Edit site layout.
- Locate your sidebar, then click the + button next to the sidebar header. A dialog will appear with a list of all the things you can add to your sidebar.
- Click the Add button to add an item to your sidebar.
To reorder the items in your sidebar, hover over an item, and then click and drag it by its header to a new location in the sidebar. To delete an item in your sidebar, click the X in its header.