Create a sub-menu
To make sub-menus in Google Sites, you need to create your main pages first. These will appear on the left side of the page. Follow these instructions:
- Click the Create Page button in the top right of your site.
- Create your page and make sure you select the radio button next to Put page at top level.
- Repeat this step for any of the other main pages.
Add subpages below main pages
- On the left side of any page, click the page to which you'd like to add a subpage.
- Click Create Page. Make sure you select the radio button next to Put page under (name of the top level page). Repeat this for each subpage under each main page.
Your main pages will appear on the left side of the page with arrows to open up subpages.
If you don't see this new organization in the sidebar, you'll need to edit you navigation settings. Here's how:
- Click the More button near the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Select Edit site layout.
- Hover your mouse over the "Navigation" section of your sidebar. When "Edit sidebar item" appears, click the "Navigation" section to edit it.
- In the dialog that appears, select the option "Automatically organize my navigation."
- Choose how many levels of pages you want to display.
- Click OK.
- Your changes are saved automatically.
Add a subpage listing
To add a listing to a main page with links to the subpages, follow these steps:
- Click the top level page in the sidebar, then click the Edit page button.
- Click Insert > Subpage listing.
- Enter the title of the main page in the Title field. Select the appearance of the listing and click Save.
You'll now have sub-menus for your pages. You can repeat this for all top level pages and subpages.