Beginner's guide to creating a site
Create a site
Once you've signed in to your Google Account, you can start making your Google site. Here's how:
- Click the Create button.
- Choose one of the displayed site templates, use the default blank template, or click Browse gallery for more to review more template choices
- Enter your site name and the URL where it will be located (for example, sites.google.com/site/yoursite). The name and URL you choose can't be changed after you create your site, or used again if the site is deleted.
- Click "More options" and select the appropriate checkbox if your site contains mature material. You can also add an optional site description in this section.
- If you wish, click "Select a theme" to pick a theme for your site.
- Enter the wavy characters in the word verification section, and click the Create button at the top of the page.
Now that you've created your site, you can create a new page by clicking the New page button in the top right corner of your window.
Then, name the new page and select the type of page you want: webpage, announcement, file cabinet, or list. After you've selected where you want to locate the page, click the Create button at the top of the page.