Running an Apps Script from a link
Advantages and disadvantages of running scripts from a link
Only a visitor who is signed in with their Google Account can run a an Apps Script from a link. In addition, when the visitor runs your Apps Script, the action will be logged as coming from the visitor’s account (for example, if the visitor clicks a link that runs an Apps Script to send an email, the email will come from the visitor’s email address).
Adding a link to an Apps Script to your site
Once you have an Apps Script added to your site, you can add it to your page so that visitors to your site can run it:
- Navigate to the page where you would like to add the link to run your Apps Script.
- Click “Edit Page.”
- Highlight the text you would like to link to your Apps Script.
- Click Link.
- Select the Apps Script tab.
- Click the script you would like to link to.
- Click “OK” to close the dialog box and save your changes.
- Click “Save.”