Evaluate Search Ads 360 bid strategy performance
Search Ads 360 bid strategy isn't changing bids
Occasionally, your bid strategy evaluation may show that a Search Ads 360 bid strategy has stopped bidding or never started bidding (change history doesn't show that bids have been changed by a bid strategy) for an extended period of time. Even though no health issues are reported and the bid strategy appears to be operating correctly, you should check for issues in other Search Ads 360 features that can impact a bid strategy. For example, trafficking errors and out-of-stock product groups can adversely impact the bid strategy's analysis and cause it not to bid. Such external issues aren't included in a bid strategy report. Instead, bidding doesn't occur.
Other issues in Search Ads 360 that impact a bid strategy
If you find that a bid strategy isn't bidding and no bid strategy health issues are reported, check for issues with the following Search Ads 360 systems and items.
Trafficking errors. Check for trafficking errors on items in the portfolio. If trafficking errors have occurred on more than 50% of the items, the bid strategy will stop bidding.
Note that trafficking errors aren't shown in the bid strategy report. Trafficking errors can be fixed at the account level.
Fix trafficking errors
- Navigate to the engine account.
- Click one of the following tabs and check for trafficking errors:
- Ad groups
- Targets > Product groups
- Manually sync the account and fix trafficking errors.
- If shopping campaigns are included in the portfolio, verify that the products included in the product group are available/in stock. A bid strategy can't bid on out-of-stock products.
- Reactivate any paused items.