Create a manual campaign
Publish an ad builder
The method for publishing changes to ad builders depends on whether your ad builder auto-publishes or not. If you clicked the checkbox under Auto publish when you created your ad builder, it’s set to automatically publish. If your ad builder automatically updates and publishes when it detects changes, no action is required on your part to publish ads.
If your ad builder doesn’t automatically publish changes, you’ll need to either publish the entire ad builder, or individual ads after making changes.
To publish an entire ad builder:
- Click Templates in the left-navigation.
- Click the Publish button in the row containing the ad builder you want to publish.
To publish individual ads:
- Find the ads you want to publish under the Ads tab.
- Click the Publish button in the row containing the ad you want to publish.
Changes to ad builders
There is a delay between changing ad builders and seeing those changes reflected in your account. A change to an ad builder could be any of the following:
- Changes to the ad builder itself, such as changing the headline from [Brand.ID] to [Ad_group].
- Changes to associations between the ad builder and ad groups, such as applying the ad builder to a new ad group.
- Changes to the data referenced in the ad builder, such as changing the name of your ad group.
Your changes will take effect within 6 hours of creating or changing an ad builder. After creating a new ad builder, you may see an empty row under the Ad groups tab, indicating a pending change from the ad builder. Pausing an ad builder will pause the ads it generated.
Since ad builders only generate valid combinations, deletions and other breaking changes to your business data will never be sent to the engine.
Evaluating ad builders
You can check the Ad builder evaluated column to see if your changes have taken effect. This column indicates the time that the ad builder was most recently evaluated. If your ad builder has been evaluated and is set to auto-publish, the ads are live in your account.
If you want to immediately enact a recent change to your generated ads, click the Evaluate button.
Changes to generated ads
When you manually change an ad that your ad builder generated, your ad builder stops updating the ad. If you want the ad builder to resume control of the ad, set Ad builder managed to Yes in using the UI, a bulksheet, or a bulk edit.