Report on Adobe Analytics data
Link a Search Ads 360 advertiser with Adobe Analytics
Before you start
Shared Floodlight configurations
If your Search Ads 360 advertiser is part of a shared Floodlight configuration, you can only link the parent advertiser with Adobe Analytics because you can only create Floodlight activities from the parent advertiser (all of the child advertisers will have access to the Floodlight activities created in the parent).
In Search Ads 360, sign into the advertiser that is associated with the parent Campaign Manager advertiser and link to Adobe Analytics from there. You'll need agency manager or advertiser manager permissions for this Search Ads 360 advertiser.
If the parent Campaign Manager advertiser isn't linked to a Search Ads 360 advertiser:
- Create a Search Ads 360 advertiser and link it to the parent Campaign Manager advertiser.
Learn more about the permissions needed to complete this step.
The Search Ads 360 advertiser you create won't affect the child advertisers, and you can ignore the advertiser after you link it to Adobe Analytics.
- Link the new Search Ads 360 advertiser to Adobe Analytics as described below.
Make sure your landing pages can handle the addition of two URL parameters:
gclsrc. Once you activate the conversion API, Search Ads 360 will automatically append the
gclsrc parameters to all landing page URLs in the advertiser. Learn how these parameters may affect other URL parameters or URL fragments.
How to link an advertiser to Adobe Analytics
Here's the overall process for linking an advertiser (the details are provided later in this article):
- Create an authentication application in Adobe Analytics. Search Ads 360 uses this application to receive authorization for downloading reporting data from Adobe Analytics.
- In Search Ads 360, enable the Conversion API and the Adobe Analytics integration.
Special permissions required
How to create an authentication application
- Sign into Adobe Analytics, start creating an authentication application, and enter the following information:
- Authentication type: Client Credentials
- Application name: Enter a name that's meaningful to you. Consider using the following pattern:
Search Ads 360 advertiser name
- Organization: Specify the Adobe Analytics organization (company) that contains the report suites you want to see in Search Ads 360.
Each Search Ads 360 advertiser can only be linked to one Adobe Analytics organization (company).
- Scope: Select all of the following:
- Click Create.
- Copy the Application ID and Application Secret and store them in a secure location. You'll need the ID and secret to link Search Ads 360 to this application.
Special permissions required
In Search Ads 360, your Google account needs agency manager or advertiser manager permission.
How to enable the integration
- In Search Ads 360, navigate to an advertiser.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
In the left navigation panel, click Advertiser settings.
Don't see Advertiser settings? Only Search Ads 360 agency managers or advertiser managers can see Advertiser settings in the left navigation panel.
Turn on the Conversion API (this is required to enable Adobe Analytics support):
Click the Integrations▼ tab and select Conversion API.
Toggle Conversions API to On.
Link Search Ads 360 with an Adobe Analytics property:
Click the Integrations▼ tab and select Adobe Analytics integration.
Next to Adobe Analytics Integration, click the settings icon ().
Toggle Adobe Analytics support to On.
In Application client ID, enter the application ID you generated for your Adobe Developer Connection application.
In Application secret, enter the application secret you generated for your Adobe Developer Connection application.
In Company name, enter the organization (company) you specified when you generated for your Adobe Developer Connection application.
Search Ads 360 starts connecting to your Adobe Developer Connection application. When the connection succeeds, the edit panel closes and a note appears in the notification center.
If the connection doesn't succeed, the edit panel displays an error message. Make sure you entered the correct application ID and secret.
After you link to Adobe Analytics, Search Ads 360 needs time to retrieve the list of report suites and report metrics you have access to.