If you make changes directly in a search engine account, you'll want to sync the changes into Search Ads 360.
You can select one or more engine accounts in an advertiser and manually sync them.
Navigate to an advertiser.Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
- Click the Engine accounts tab.
- Optional. Filter the table to include only the accounts that you want to update.
- Select the check boxes of the accounts that you want to sync.
- Above the reporting table, click the sync from engine icon .
- In the Sync editor, in the left pane, click Sync now.
The sync editor shows the number of accounts selected.
- Optional. Select the Fix all trafficking errors in active accounts check box.
- Click Start sync.
Search Ads 360 starts synchronizing the accounts one at a time and displays it's progress above the report table. For example: Sync progress: 80% complete.Don't modify existing campaigns, ad groups, keywords, or other items the Search Ads 360 account while the account is syncing. These changes could be lost or overwritten. You can safely work in other engine accounts that are not being synced.
You can check the Sync status column to verify that the sync has completed.
What happens when a sync completes
When sync has finished successfully, the status message no longer appears above the reporting table.
In engines that support shared templates, Search Ads 360 generates and traffics a custom parameter for each new keyword and other trackable item. The custom parameter uniquely identifies the item so Search Ads 360 can attribute conversions and other activity to the item. If this is the first sync for an engine account, Search Ads 360 also traffics a custom parameter for each existing keyword and trackable item in the account. Note that even if a clickserver URL has already been trafficked to a tracking template in your account, Search Ads 360 does not start tracking activity until the custom parameters have been trafficked to the account.
For engines that don't support shared templates, Search Ads 360 does the following after the sync completes:
- Generates a clickserver URL for each item.
- Retraffics the items and clickserver URLs back out to the engine. When you view the items in the engine you'll see the Search Ads 360 clickserver URL instead of the landing page URL you defined. Recall that Search Ads 360 keeps a copy of the original landing page URL in its Landing page column.
This applies to any item that defines its own landing page URL except ads. Search Ads 360 does not generate clickserver URLs for ads.
After the sync is complete, you can see what changed as a result of the sync.