Use Google Ads remarketing lists in Search Ads 360
Set up search remarketing from Campaign Manager remarketing lists
In Search Ads 360, you can see which Campaign Manager audience (remarketing) lists are also responding to your search ads. Since this audience has already expressed an interest in your products, both from display ads and search ads, you may want to tailor your bids and ads to these visitors when they're searching on Google. To do so:
- Sign into Google Ads and create a Google Ads remarketing list.
- Add a snippet of code that you get from Google Ads, called a remarketing tag, to the same pages on your site that contain the Floodlight tags you're using to build your Campaign Manager remarketing list.
When people visit those pages, the Google Ads cookies associated with their browsers are added to the Google Ads remarketing list and the DoubleClick cookies are added to the Campaign Manager remarketing list.
Once the Google Ads remarketing tag is added to your site, you can add the Google Ads remarketing list to an ad group that has keywords, bids and ads with a message tailored to customers on the remarketing list. You can do this from Search Ads 360 or from Google Ads.
- You set up display-to-search remarketing as follows:
- In Campaign Manager, you have a set of display ads featuring the performance of a car, and these ads land on the the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page of your site.
- You set up a Floodlight tag on that page and add visitor cookies to a Campaign Manager remarketing list named "Car performance".
- In Search Ads 360, you view an audience report and notice that the "Car performance" audience generate a large number of conversions in your "economy car" ad group.
- You think this audience would respond better to your "performance car" ads, so you set up a remarketing list in Google Ads and add the remarketing list to your "performance car" ad group.
- Next, you add the Google Ads remarketing tag to the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page of your site.
- A visitor clicks a display ad and lands on the www.carmanufacturer.com/performance page.
- The Google Ads cookies associated with the visitor's browser are added to the Google Ads remarketing list.
- The next time the visitor searches for a keyword in "performance car" ad group, your bids will increase, and you'll increase the likelyhood that the visitor will click on your "performance car" ad.
Details about Campaign Manager audience lists in Search Ads 360
If you use Campaign Manager to manage your display advertising, you can sign into Campaign Manager and create audience lists of visitors who have clicked a display ad and landed on your site. Search Ads 360 reports can show how the Campaign Manager audience lists are responding to your search ads.
The following criteria determine which Campaign Manager audience lists are available for reporting in Search Ads 360 (only lists that meet all of these criteria appear in Search Ads 360):
The list was created in the Campaign Manager advertiser that is associated with your Search Ads 360 advertiser
Note that Search Ads 360 only reports on Campaign Manager remarketing lists that are either:
The list contains more than 1000 cookies
Initially, only the first 200 lists with the most number of cookies appear in Search Ads 360. Each month Search Ads 360 evaluates the number of cookies in the Campaign Manager audience lists and adds any lists with more cookies than the original bottom ranking list. Because of this, some advertisers may see more than 200 Campaign Manager remarketing lists in Search Ads 360.