You can use a bulksheet to create and edit call-only ads. Rather than starting with a blank bulksheet, or a bulksheet that contains multiple campaigns, download an editable report/bulksheet that contains call-only ads because it contains the columns required to create or edit call-only ads. After you enter your changes, upload the bulksheet into Search Ads 360.
You can only create a new call-only ad or a new text ad. You can’t convert one ad type into a different ad type.
Download a bulksheet
Navigate to a Google Ads ad group that contains call-only ads.Steps for navigating to an ad group
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the "Account" list, click the engine account that contains the campaign.
In the "Campaign" list, click the campaign that contains the ad group.
In the "Ad group" list, click the ad group.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the ad group page.
- Click the Ads tab.
Do one of the following:
- Select the checkboxes of the call-only ads that you want to edit.
- Set up a filter so the table contains only the call-only ads that you want to update.
- Above the reporting table, click the download icon .
- In the download panel, optionally change any of the default options that you want.
- Next to Columns, verify that Editable columns (for reupload) is selected.
- Optional. If you want to email the report instead of downloading the report, select the Email report checkbox, and then enter the email addresses of recipients.
- Click Download or click Email report if you chose email delivery.
- Open the report.
Use a bulksheet to create, edit or remove call-only ads
- To create a call-only ad, in the downloaded bulksheet, copy an existing row to a blank row.
- In the Action column, replace edit with create.
- To edit a call-only ad, change any of the following columns.
- To remove a call-only ad, in the Action column, type remove_content.
- Upload the bulksheet into Search Ads 360.
Columns required to create call-only ads (columns are not listed in the order they appear)
Ad group column. Specify the name of an ad group that contains call-only ads.
Line 1 column and Line 2 column. Type the descriptions, for example, Buy more socks, and Wide selection, in each column. Be sure the text is 35 characters or less.
Display URL column. Type the display URL, for example, www.examplesocks.com
Ad landing page column. Type the landing page URL, for example, www.examplesocks.com
Ad ID column. If creating a new ad, remove the Ad ID. Leave it blank when creating a call-only ad.
Mobile-preferred column should be set to All for call-only ads.
Ad type column. Specify Call-only as the ad type.
Business name column. Type the name of your business that you want to display in the ad if the phone number isn’t displayed.
Call country code column. Enter the country code. For example, US for United States or CA for Canada
Call phone number column. Specify a Google forwarding number or your business phone number.
Google forwarding number columns
If the number in the Call phone number column is a Google forwarding number, specify the following settings these columns:
Call tracked column. Type on if you want want phone calls tracked as conversions. Type off if you want clicks on the ad counted as conversions.
Disable call conversion column. Type off if you want phone calls tracked as conversions. Type on if you don't want to track call metrics.
In phone number verification URL, type the website URL that lists the phone number specified. Be sure to include http:// or https:// in the URL.
Business phone number columns
If your business number is displayed in ads (which means that you’re not tracking calls or using call reporting) , specify the following settings in these columns:
Call tracked column. Type off. Phone calls will be counted as conversions.
Disable call conversion column. Type on.
Optional columns for call-only ads
Ad name column and Ad title column. Type a name or title in the respective column.