- Set mobile bid adjustments for Yahoo! Japan ad groups
- New reports available from the DS reporting API
- New functions for keyword and ad templates
- DS UI improvements
Set mobile bid adjustments for Yahoo! Japan ad groups
Improve your return on investment by adjusting your bids for mobile devices in Yahoo! Japan ad groups. You can still set the mobile adjustment at the campaign level, but the ad group level mobile bid adjustment allows you to set a different adjustment to better target the set of ads. Learn more.
New reports available from the DS reporting API
You can use the DS reporting API to download the following reports:
paidAndOrganic: Shows the search terms that either triggered your ads to appear on Google, triggered Google to display unpaid (organic) search results for your site, or both. The report only returns results if you have already set up the Paid and Organic report for the engine account you are reporting on.
negativeCampaignDynamicSearchAdsTarget: Performance metrics and configuration attributes for dynamic ad targets and negative dynamic-ad targets.
negativeCampaignRemarketingListTarget: Performance metrics and configuration attributes for AdWords remarketing targets and negative remarketing targets.
In addition, if you include the
campaignType column when you request a
campaign report, each row in the report that DS returns will specify the type of campaign that's described in the row.
New functions for keyword and ad templates
Inventory keyword campaigns use templates to generate keywords and ads from data in your inventory feed. You can now use the following new functions to add logic to your templates:
- COUNT_IN_STOCK(): Returns the number of in-stock items in an ad group.
- LEFT(string, length): Returns the first length characters in string counting from the beginning of the string.
- MID(string, start, length): Returns a substring of string starting at the start character and counting length characters.
- RIGHT(string, length): Returns the first length characters in string counting from the end of the string.
- REDUCE_WORDS(string, max_length, delimiter, [delimiter], ...): Finds the last instance of any of the delimiters whose position is less than max_length, and returns a substring up to (but not including) delimiter.
- TRIM(string): Removes all whitespace from the beginning and end of string and removes any double spacing between words in string.
- CLEAN_KEYWORD(in-string, replacement-string): Scans in-string and replaces characters that AdWords does not support for keyword text with replacement-string.
- SEARCH(needle, haystack, [start_position]): Returns the starting position of the first instance of needle in haystack, counting from start_position.
- COUNT(): Returns the number of items in an ad group.
DS UI improvements
Using your feedback, the DS team recently made several UI changes to improve usability and visibility of several product features including:
- Attribution modeling: The DoubleClick default time decay attribution model is added for you, eliminating the usual 24 hour wait before you can use the model in your Floodlight activity columns and bid strategies.
If you add another attribution model, DS sends an email message when the model is ready to use. Then, you can go to the Attribution models table and click an Add to column button to use the model in columns and bid strategies. Learn more.
- Apply labels when you create new keywords: If you already know which labels you want to apply to new keywords, you can select the labels when you create keywords in the DS UI.
- Rename saved views: If you customize a report by adding columns or applying filters or segments, you can save the customization as a new view, name it, and return to it later by selecting it from the View menu. You can now also change the name of view you saved.
- Easier to show historical metrics for removed items: The option you select to show removed campaigns and other items has been moved from the bottom of the reporting table to the top.
- Some metrics are no longer available in the table summary row and summary graph: The summary row for reporting tables and the performance summary graph no longer display metrics that already aggregate data from other items. For example, Clicks with extension showing counts clicks on any part of an ad when a particular ad extension was showing. The number reported for one extension may include clicks on other extensions that currently appear in the report. If the summary row and graph added these two individual rows together, some of the clicks would be counted twice and the summary amount would be inflated. (This also applies to Cost with extension showing and Impr.)
- Events moved to Bid strategies: The Events feature has been moved from the left navigation panel to the Data exclusion events tab in Bid strategies. An event, when applied to a bid strategy, allows you to remove inaccurate data from bid strategy calculations.
- Test landing pages: Now, you can quickly test whether your landing page URLs are accurate because the links in the reporting table are clickable. First, add the Landing page column on the Keywords tab in DS. When you click a link, another window opens, displaying the specified landing page.