Create and report on Google Ads callout extensions
Use specific callout extensions in a campaign or ad group
By default, campaigns and ad groups inherit all account-level callout extensions from the engine account. You can override this inheritance by applying specific callout extensions to campaigns and ad groups.
- Navigate to the campaign or ad group where you want to specify callout extensions.
Steps for navigating to a campaign
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
- In the "Account" list, click on the engine account that contains the campaign.
In the "Campaign" list, click on the campaign.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the campaign page.
- Click the Extensions ▼ tab and select Callout Extensions.
If a campaign or ad group is currently inheriting callout extensions, a View callout extensions link appears above the reporting table. Click the link to view the inherited callout extensions.
- To apply callouts:
- Click the +Apply callouts button, which appears above the reporting table.
- Click Select callouts.
- Select the check boxes next to the callout extensions you want to apply.
You'll need to apply a minimum of two callouts per campaign or ad group for your ads to be eligible to show with callouts. However, we recommend that you create the maximum number available of four per level to ensure as many callouts as possible are available to show with your ad. The order of your callouts, their length, and how they perform factor into how many callouts appear, and whether a callout will show for your ad.
- To remove callout extensions that have been specified previously, select the check boxes next to the callout extensions in the reporting table and click Remove callouts.
Note that Remove callouts only removes the selected callout extensions from the campaign or ad group that you navigated to. It does not remove the callout extensions from the engine account.
If you remove all callout extensions, a campaign or ad group will inherit account-level callouts from the engine account. If you don't want the campaign or ad group to display any callouts, prevent the campaign or ad group from displaying callout extensions.
- Click Apply.