Keep an account-level template in accounts with shared templates
If you stop using all URL templates in an account that supports shared templates, Search Ads 360 will no longer be able to track activity for items in the account. (Removing all URL templates will remove all clickserver URLs.)
To keep tracking activity, change the account-level template to specify only the following string:
This minimal template passes the landing page URL exactly as you've defined it, while still enabling Search Ads 360 to track activity in the account.
Stop using a lower-level template
To stop using a URL template defined for a campaign, ad group, or lower-level item:
- Navigate to the template's properties.
For example, navigate to the settings for an engine account, campaign, ad group, ad, or sitelink. Or add the URL template column to the Keywords tab as you did when you created the template.
- Remove the template from the URL template field.
- Click Save.
In an account with shared templates, Search Ads 360 removes the corresponding tracking template from the engine. The engine will start using the template higher up in the hierarchy. For example, if you remove a URL template for a Google Ads campaign, Google Ads will start using the engine account's URL template.
Here’s what happens in accounts that do not support share templates:
- If you've defined a template higher up in the hierarchy, Search Ads 360 applies that template to the items that were using the removed template.
For example, if you remove a campaign's URL template, Search Ads 360 applies the engine account's URL template to the items that were using the campaign's template.
- If you haven't defined a template higher up in the hierarchy:
- Search Ads 360 disables the Effective landing page for those items that are no longer managed by a template.
- Search Ads 360 retraffics each item's Landing page URL to the engine. That is, Search Ads 360 retrafficks the URL as it existed before Search Ads 360 applied the template.
- Search Ads 360 no longer applies the template to items that you create or edit.
Use a bulksheet to remove URL templates
To remove URL templates from a large number of items, use a bulksheet:
- Navigate to an advertiser and click the Engine accounts, Campaigns, Ad groups, Keywords, or Sitelinks tab.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
- Use a filter to display only the items you want to edit.
For example, click the Keywords tab and create a filter that matches a campaign name.
- Click the download icon , which appears above the reporting table and make the following selections in the download panel:
- Scope: Current selection in table
- Columns: Editable columns (for re-upload)
- Include types: Select any of the following: Engine accounts, Campaigns, Ad groups, Sitelinks, or Keywords
- Filters: Include rows with no impressions
- Click Download.
Search Ads 360 generates the report and either downloads the file to your browser's download directory or sends an email, depending on the delivery option you selected.
- Open the report and enter remove_content in the URL template column.
- After you've updated the bulksheet, save it and upload the bulksheet to Search Ads 360.