Create and report on Google Ads call extensions
Report on Google Ads call extensions
To see performance data for call extensions:
- Navigate to a Google Ads engine account, campaign, or ad group.
Steps for navigating to an engine account
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the "Account" list, click on the engine account.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the engine account page.
- Click the Extensions▼ tab and select Call Extensions.
The reporting table displays all call extensions that are applied to the current scope. Each call extension is identified by the Phone number you specified when you created the extension. If you're using a Google forwarding number, which is needed to record conversions for a call extension, the Google forwarding number does not appear in the Search Ads 360 reporting table.
By default, the reporting table displays engine metrics for ads that displayed each call extension. Note that:
- The Clicks with extension showing column reports the number of clicks on ads when the extension was showing. This count includes clicks on ad headlines, any sitelink extensions, as well as on the call extension.
- The Clicks column reports the number of clicks on the call extension.
- If you've enabled conversion tracking for one or more call extensions, you can see the number of conversions attributed to each call extension by doing the following:
- Click the Columns button, which appears above the reporting table.
- In the Available columns list, click ▸Conversions, then click Google Ads.
- Click + next to any Google Ads conversion column, such as AW conv (1-per-click).
- Click Apply.
- Optionally download the report for offline analysis.
Why does the data about clicks in Google Ads not match Search Ads 360?
By default, Google Ads shows all clicks on ads that display the call extension, while Search Ads 360 shows clicks only on the call extension.
To view the data for clicks only on the call extension in Google Ads, segment the reporting data in Google Ads by This Extension vs. Other. The data in the This Extension row is expected to match the data in Search Ads 360 reports.
To view the data for all clicks on ads that display the call extension is Search Ads 360, add the Clicks with extension showing column to the report. The data in this column is expected to match the unsegmented number of clicks shown in Google Ads.