Report on Floodlight conversions
Add columns for Floodlight cross-environment conversions to a report
- In Search Ads 360, navigate to an advertiser or lower scope and click the Engine accounts, Campaigns, Ad groups, Ads, Targets > Product groups, or Keywords tab.
Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
- Select a time range for the report that does not include today or yesterday.
For example, select Last month, or set a custom time range that doesn't include today or yesterday.Search Ads 360 does not report cross-environment activity for the current or previous day. So if you include today or yesterday in the report, the cross-environment columns will not include today's and yesterday's cross-environment activity.
- Click the Columns button above the performance summary graph.
- In the search box, type the name of one of the following columns:
- Click + next to the column name in the Available columns list.
- Click Apply.
The following shows an excerpt of a Campaigns report that is segmented by device. It contains both the Actions column and the Actions cross-env column.
|Device||Campaign||Actions||Actions cross-env||X-env lift %|
Within a Google Ads campaign named Brand:
- 44,155 actions occurred on a single device. For example, customers clicked ads, visited the advertiser's site, and converted on the same desktop machine in the same browser 44,155 times.
When you add in the number of conversions that occurred on desktop devices from customers whose last paid click was on a different device or browser, the number jumps to 50, 798.3
- 59 actions occurred on mobile devices. 54 of them started when a customer clicked an ad and converted on the same mobile device and browser. For 5 of those conversions, the last paid click was on a different device or browser.
- 5, 880 actions occurred on tablets. 5,182 of them started when a customer clicked an ad and converted on the same table and browser. For the remaining conversions, the last paid click was on a different device or browser.
- X-env lift % is an example of a formula column that calculates the percentage increase in conversions when including cross-environment conversions. The formula is:
To_Percent((Actions_cross_env - Actions) / Actions)
Because of the way Floodlight calculates and distributes credit for cross-environment conversions, it's normal to see decimal values in columns that report cross-environment conversions. For example, for conversion paths that spread across environments, Floodlight distributes a portion of credit to each keyword contributing to the conversions. Revenue and transaction quantity are similarly distributed. However, given the complexity of calculating cross-environment conversions, it's expected that these distributed amounts may not add up to the original amounts reported by the Floodlight tag.