Campaign Manager targeting key filtering
Dynamic targeting keys are unique, friendly labels that can be assigned to ads, creatives and placements and used for targeting with Studio dynamic creatives. Use these labels to save time and avoid the errors that may arise when you use numeric Campaign Manager IDs (such as placement IDs) in your dynamic feeds.
Before you create a dynamic profile, make sure your Studio advertiser is associated with the correct Campaign Manager advertiser. Studio dynamic profiles use the Campaign Manager advertiser that's associated at creation time.
If you create a profile, break the advertiser link, then link your Studio account with a different Campaign Manager advertiser, the existing profile will still be linked to the previous Campaign Manager advertiser. Learn how to associate Studio and Campaign Manager advertisers
- Follow the general feed instructions to create the feed.
- Add a column for Campaign Manager targeting key. Enter the value for which this row of content is targeted; it should match a dynamic targeting key that was added in the Campaign Manager advertiser. To target the content to multiple keys, enter comma-separated values.
Every row of a filtering column should have a value. If you leave a row blank, it will be considered a match for all IDs. This means if multiple rows are selected based on the filtering you set up, all blank rows will also be selected for rotation, along with the rows that match the targeted IDs.
After uploading the feed to your Studio profile, follow these steps:
- Go to Step 2: Manage Data. In the "Data types and filters" section, select the appropriate field type for each of the columns in the feed. For the Campaign Manager targeting key column, select CM dynamic targeting key.
- In Step 3: Manage Rules, confirm that the Type dropdown is set to Auto-Filter and the Summary displays Filtering on: key_column (or whichever column contains the targeting keys in your feed). To update the filtering column, click Manage.
- In Step 4: Generate Code, wait for the dynamic code to be generated. Copy the provided code into your creative assets then upload to Studio.
- In Step 5: Preview, enter the Campaign Manager targeting key to preview, then click Apply.
- When you're done previewing, go to Step 7: Publish and click Publish .