Preview dynamic assets from your spreadsheet
If you host your assets in Asset Library and edit your dynamic feed using Google Sheets, you can install an add-on that will allow you to preview your assets directly from your spreadsheet. The add-on is only available in English at this time. Learn more about Google Sheets add-ons
How to use the add-on:
- Install the DoubleClick Dynamic Asset Viewer add-on for Google Sheets.
- Authorize the add-on to run, then click Add-ons > DoubleClick Dynamic Asset Viewer > View assets.
- Authorize access to your DoubleClick Studio account.
- Select a cell containing a dynamic path and click "View asset" to see a preview.
If the add-on isn't working in your feed and the only menu option you see is "Help", use the following steps to enable the add-on:
- Click Add-ons > Manage add-ons...
- Find DoubleClick Dynamic Asset Viewer. Click "Manage" > "Use in this document".
Supported asset types for spreadsheet previews
Below is a complete list of previewable asset file types when using the DoubleClick Dynamic Asset Viewer:
- audio (.MP3, .WAV, .WMA)
- images (.PNG, .GIF, .JPEG, .SVG)
- video (.OGV, .MP4, .WEBM)
- .CSS, .HTML, .JS, .JSON, .TXT
Preview is not available for the following types:
- Fonts (.EOT, .OTF, .TTF, .WOFF, .WOFF2)
- .CSV, .PDF, .XML
Instead, you can download these file types directly from the preview panel and preview them locally.
Update dynamic paths in existing spreadsheets
After asset previews are enabled in your account, all dynamic paths that you copy or download from Studio will include your account name, which is required for the previews to work. To use dynamic asset previews in spreadsheets that were created before your account was enabled, update your old dynamic paths to the new format.
To update paths, you can either download new paths from Studio, or do a search and replace for the dynamic paths in your spreadsheet to add your Studio account name to the old dynamic paths.
Old paths versus new paths
|Old dynamic path||Before asset previews are enabled on your account, the dynamic path for an image looks like this:
|After asset previews are enabled, the account is added to the front of the path: