Set feed filtering rules and rotation options
When you use a feed with your dynamic creative, you use rules and rotation options to decide which content show and when.
- Go to Step 3: Manage Rules in the Dynamic Content tab.
- In the Type drop-down, select the type of filtering rule you want to use:
- Open: Open optimization selects the highest performing row on any given impression. Use this option to optimize your feed when you're not using other rules or dynamic strategies.
- Auto-filter: Filter the feed rows based on one of the feed's columns. For example, if you're using a geo-targeting strategy, select auto-filter to use the geographic location column in the feed as the rule for which rows to show. If you select a targeting data type for a field (for example, Accurate geographic type) when you upload the feed, the Type drop-down is automatically set to Auto-filter.
- Prioritized (Beta): Use more than one rule to filter your feed, and choose the order to apply rules.
- Proximity Targeting (Beta): Show specific rows to people that are close to a certain location.
- In the Rotation drop-down, select a dynamic rotation option. Rotation options only apply when the filtering rule or dynamic strategy above results in more than one eligible row. For example, if you're geo-targeting feed that includes more than one eligible row for Paris, choose a rotation option to decide which row to serve.
- In the Summary field, you should see a summary of your selected rules and rotation options. The summary says “Filtering on: [name of targeting column]”. If the column name listed there is not the column you want to filter on, click on the Manage button and toggle the auto-filter switch to NO for any column you do not want to use for targeting.
- Click Save and Continue >>.
Empty cells in filterable columns
When you leave a cell empty in a filterable column, it will be treated differently based on the type of filtering rule you're using.
|Filtering Rule||How Empty Cells Are Treated|
|Auto-filter||Feed rows with empty filtering values are eligible for any impression.|
|Prioritized||Feed rows with empty filtering values are not eligible for any impression.
To make rows with empty filtering values eligible for any impression, select the Allow rows with empty values checkbox in Step 3: Manage Rules.