Set targeting rules and rotation options
When you use a feed with your dynamic creative, you use rules and rotation options to decide which content show and when.
- Go to Step 3: Manage Rules in the Dynamic Content tab.
- In the Type drop-down, select the appropriate option:
- Open: This type indicates that any content in the feed is eligible for selection on any given impression.
- Auto-filter: This type indicates that you are using a specific targeting strategy to dictate which content is eligible to be served upon impression. For example, select auto-filter when using geo-targeting since the geographic locations act as the rules for filtering content.
Note: If you selected a targeting data type in the previous step, the Type drop-down is automatically set to Auto-filter.
- In the Rotation drop-down, select the appropriate dynamic rotation option:
- Optimized rotation: the best-performing rows within a feed are served most frequently
- Random rotation: all of the creative iterations (rows) are served at an approximately even distribution
- Weighted rotation: rows are selected according to their proportional weight over the total eligible for the impression
- In the Summary field, you should see a summary of your selected rules and rotation options. The summary says “Filtering on: [name of targeting column]”. If the column name listed there is not the column you want to filter on, click on the Manage button and toggle the auto-filter switch to NO for any column you do not want to use for targeting.
- Click Save and Continue >>.