Learn the Studio Web UI
Preview a creative
In the Preview step of the Creatives tab workflow, you can review how your final creative will look, customize creative display and behavior, and test events.
The creative displays automatically on DoubleClick Studio's default website or on your last successfully loaded preview site. To preview on a blank white screen, click (Blank) on the top-left of the preview area.
If you see errors while previewing your creative, try the creative troubleshooting guides to help fix the issue.Preview on a mobile phone or tablet
- If not installed already, install the Creative Preview app on your device.
- Open a creative in Studio and click the Preview step.
- Click Push to device for a list of devices. Available devices are paired with your Studio account when you sign into the app. Learn how to add a device.
The device name shown in the Push to device list is your device's model name. Edit this name in the Creative Preview's app settings on your device to make it easier to remember.
- Select the device to send the creative to. The preview is sent to the Creative Preview app and you'll get a notification on your device. Tap the notification to open the preview. If you don't get a notification on your device, app notifications may be disabled. Enable notifications
- Click Show details > Event summary.
Play around with the creative on your mobile device. You'll see the events and timers update in Studio preview on your computer browser.
To preview a responsive creative built with Google Web Designer, click Responsive . This preview type allows you to compare how a responsive creative looks in different placement sizes side by side.
Each placement size in the responsive preview includes two buttons:
- To reload an individual creative, click Refresh .
- To view the creative in that placement size on a blank page, click Blank . This will allow you to test any creative events or behavior specific to one creative size.
Add or remove preview sizes
To preview a responsive creative, compare how the creative looks in different placement sizes. By default, the most common placement sizes are automatically included in the preview. If your campaign targets different placement sizes, you can customize which sizes are shown in the preview.
- In the preview size drop-down, find the search bar.
- Enter the creative dimensions you want to preview. For example, if you want to add a billboard creative size, enter "970x250".
- Click (Create new).
To remove a preview size from the responsive preview page, uncheck that size in the preview size drop-down.
Click Display properties to adjust the creative's settings based on its format type.
If you save the changes you make in the Display properties screen, they'll be reflected in the live creative that's served.
Creative properties vary depending on the format type you selected when you first added a new creative. For creative properties for different formats, see:
Test any custom events you wish to record in your creative to make sure they're recording at the right time. This ensures that the right metrics will be included in your campaign reports. To test events, use the Event summary panel, which logs standard and custom events. Events are displayed at the bottom of the event summary panel.
- Click Show details, then open the Event summary (output console) section of the Creative details panel.
- Play around with your creative preview. Click on any buttons that should trigger custom counters, exits or timers. If your creative has video, play the video and try out the video controls to make sure video events are logged.
- If events don't fire when expected, check your creative code to make sure the appropriate custom event code has been added.
The event summary panel displays the total number of events in your creative, and real-time event logging as you interact with your creative preview.
Here are some tips for using the panel as you review events:
- Enter an event name in the "Event name" field to search for a specific event.
- Make the event list easier to review by applying filters to the event list:
- Type: Filter the display by event types.
- Show: Filter the display by triggered or untriggered events, depending on whether you tested them in the Preview tab.
Open the Event log panel beneath the Event summary (output console). The event log shows real-time logs for standard and custom events. Events include a time stamp, event type, and event name. As events are triggered in the preview, each new event is displayed at the top of the list.
Click Clear log if you need to clear out the list and start over. Only the log display is cleared; counts will not be zeroed out.