Common QA revisions
Must stop custom timer when ad state changes (eg, collapses).
It’s a common developer oversight when using custom timers to overlook events that should stop or start these timers to guarantee accurate reporting. Try to plan and test carefully when using custom timers to assure that they stop and start at all appropriate times.
When you use a custom video timer, the timer should start anytime video play is initiated and stop anytime the video stops, is paused, or is no longer on the screen. So you must add custom code to stop or start the timer when the following events occur:
- Custom Video Play button: start the timer.
- Custom Video Pause button: stop the timer.
- Any click that switches to a different tab that doesn't include the video should stop the timer.
- Any click that switches to a different video.
- Close button for expanding or floating ads.
Sarah is a DoubleClick Studio expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.