Basic video build guide
Add video controls
You can add controls to your player using the pre-built Video control elements included with the DoubleClick Studio components. These controls automatically hook to your video player, providing a fast, easy way to add player controls.
||Video play pause button||Lets users play and pause your video.|
||Video replay button||
Lets users replay your video from the beginning.
Note: A video replay is reported if the video has played once and the Play button is clicked.
||Video stop button||Lets users stop the video.|
||Video scrubber||Displays the video and controls its timeline. Users can drag the playhead to move forward or backward in the timeline.|
||Video sound toggle||Lets users mute and unmute the video.|
||Video buffer indicator||Displays a rotating circle graphic in the center of the gray display box while the video buffers.|
To add video controls:
- Make sure you've added the Enabler and the Video Player component or the Video Player Advanced component to your creative. Otherwise the controls won’t sync to your video player.
- Drag and drop the controls want to use onto your stage.
- The controls automatically assign themselves to the Video Player component, so it isn't necessary to add reporting IDs to the controls.
- The controls are visible and clickable when your creative is published, so place them carefully and make sure they're not blocked by elements on layers above them.
- Choose your controls:
- If you want to skin the controls, double-click the component on the stage and either replace individual graphical elements or update the graphics in the library.