Rich Media QA guidelines
Quality Assurance (QA) involves testing based on the format and features of each creative. These tests confirm that a creative behaves according to both advertiser and publisher specifications. QA tests do not judge design; such qualitative questions are for the client to decide.
Use QA checklists to test your creative
Use the QA checklists to test your creative's functionality and review publisher best practices. Some checks may not apply to your creative format or your specific publisher's recommendations, but it's a good idea to follow these guidelines to avoid campaign delays.
How to test creativesTest in the QA tab
Use the DoubleClick Studio QA tab to review and test creative functionality before your creative goes live. The QA tab helps you give final approval or send creatives back to the developer to fix problems.
There are three lists of creatives in the side panel of the QA tab:
- Pending: ready for QA processing
- Approved: okayed by the QA specialist
- Rejected: rejected by the QA specialist
To view a creative, click a creative in the Pending list.
As an alternative to testing in Studio's QA tab, you can also test with an external preview. This is helpful for quickly performing tests in different browsers and operating systems without having to sign in to Studio each time.
To view an external preview for testing:
- In the Creatives tab, click Campaigns, then select your campaign.
- Click the preview URL at the top.
To share a preview externally, you can email the external preview link:
- In your campaign view, click Email preview link and enter the necessary information.
- An email containing the external preview link is sent to the email address provided in the "Notify" field. No edits can be made to the creative from an external preview.
Before your creative goes live, make sure creative events are recorded so that your campaign reports are accurate.
Click Show details > Event summary (output console) to view events specific to the creative you're previewing. The Event summary logs the standard and custom events implemented in the creative. Events are displayed at the bottom of the event summary panel.
As you interact with the creative, the events fire in real time. Filter events using the options in the "Type" and "Show" fields.
Filter events by type:
- All: List all events.
- Custom: List only custom events added by the creative developer.
- Standard: List Studio standard events, which are automatically added to the creative.
Filter events to show:
Using the "Show" filters, you can show:
- All: List all events.
- Triggered: Show only events that have been triggered in the current preview session.
- Untriggered: Show events that haven't been triggered in the current preview session.
Click Event log to view each event logged by the creative with a timestamp. Click Clear log to clear out the log and start over.
The DoubleClick QA team performs tests on the most popular browsers and operating systems. If you're doing your own QA, review your media plan to decide which browsers, environments and devices to test.