You can allocate your Qwiklabs credits to be shared with a person or a group. To do this, you create the share group, and then allocate credits and assign users to the group.
- Click your avatar, and in the pop-up's lower left corner, click nn Credits.
- The Credits & Subscriptions page opens, showing "You have nnn Credits". The number (nnn) includes credits you purchased, and credits that other users have shared with you (to see the distribution, click More Details).
- You can make a share group using credits that you purchased.
- Click Share Your Credits with Friends.
- On the Share Credits page, click the Create a Share Group button.
- Type a group name and description, and click the Update button.
- On the Share Credits page, click the new share group name to open its Manage GroupName page.
- Indicate the number of Qwiklabs credits to put in the share group, and click Share Credits. Then add members to the group. You can add users individually by email address, or by email domain.
Use the Blacklist Emails field to prevent users from using the share group's credits.
- You can create a share group only with credits that you have purchased. If you are a member of someone else's share group, you cannot use credits from that group to create your own share group.
- Share groups cannot be used with Qwiklabs Advantage subscriptions. Subscriptions are for use by individuals.
How shared credits are distributed
Notifying group members
Whether group members are notified automatically depends on the way you add users to the group.
- Individual email addresses - automatic notification
If you add users by typing individual email addresses, the system sends each user an email with the subject line "Welcome to Your-Name's share group". The email tells users how to access Qwiklabs, and what to do if they don't have a Qwiklabs account.
You can add additional text to the email by typing in the Email Message box.
By domain - system does not notify
If you add a domain to the share group, the system does not send a notice to any domain members. You need to explicitly send email or otherwise notify people about the share group and Qwiklabs.
What happens to your total credits
The credits you put in the share group are subtracted from your total credits.
If you want to be able to use the credits that you put in the share group, you need to explicitly add yourself as a member of the share group.
User SallyG@acme.com has 50 credits that she purchased in her Qwiklabs account.
- SallyG@acme.com creates a share group named ABCgroup and allocates 10 credits to the group.
- SallyG@acme.com then goes to her Credits & Subscriptions page. This page shows "You have 40 Credits".
- To see the details of the ABCgroup, Sally clicks "Share Your Credits with Friends". The Share Credits page opens; the share group list shows the ABCgroup with 10 credits.
Sally can use the 40 credits that are listed on her Credits & Subscriptions page. However, if she wants to also use any of the 10 credits that she put in the ABCgroup, she needs to add her email address to ABCgroup's email filters.
If Sally adds her email address to the ABCgroup email filters, her Credits & Subscriptions page will show "You have 50 Credits". Clicking More Info will show 40 credits purchased, and 10 credits in ABCgroup.
Note: You can create a share group only with credits that you have purchased. If you are a member of someone else's share group, you cannot use credits from that group to create your own share group.
Add or remove share group members
- Click your avatar, click n Credits. On the Credits & Subscriptions page click Share Your Credits with Friends.
- On the Share Credits page, click the name of the share group.
- In the email filters, add or remove email addresses as needed.
Delete a share group
A share group report shows how the share group's credits have been used, including the number of credits, date used, user, lab name, and other information.
To access a report:
- Click your avatar, click n Credits. On the Credits & Subscriptions page, click Share Your Credits with Friends.
- On the Share Credits page, locate the row for the share group. Use buttons at the end of the row:
- Report shows the report on your screen.
- Download sends a report in CSV format to your computer's usual downloads location.