If you're using a VPN or cloud storage account that cannot be added to Quickoffice, you may still be able to open, edit and save your documents. Most storage/VPN providers have an application that you can install on your phone or tablet that you can use to open files in Quickoffice.
If you open and edit files this way, you may need to save your changes to your device and upload the updated files separately.iPads and iPhones
iOS limits how applications can access files, so Quickoffice has partnered with many application developers to allow you to open files from these applications in Quickoffice, make edits & SaveBack to the app you opened your file from. Below is a list of our current SaveBack partners:
If your storage or VPN application is not listed above & the application supports uploading or transferring files, you may still be able to edit files with Quickoffice:
- Use the storage provider's application to locate and open file, then use the Open In... button to open the file in Quickoffice
- Make edits and changes
- Use Quickoffice to save the file on your iPad
- Open the file in Quickoffice again, touch Open In..., and select your storage application
- Use your storage application to upload or transfer the file. If you're having trouble with this, reach out to your storage application's developer.
Here's how to set up your device:
- Install the storage/VPN application from Google Play - this is how you'll access your files
- Use the storage provider's application to open files you wish to edit
- If asked, choose Quickoffice to open the file. If you touch always, Quickoffice will open these kinds of files by default and your device will not ask again
After you've set up your device:
- Use the storage/VPN application to locate and open files in Quickoffice
- Make changes
- Touch Save to save the file.
If you receive an error message, Quickoffice may not be able to save the file directly. Here's how to save files if your storage application supports uploading or transferring files:
- Touch Save As to save a copy of the file on your device.
- Open the storage/VPN application to locate the file
- Use the storage application to upload/trasfer the file to your desired location.